Will this get 200fps+ in 4k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2018
Will this get me 200fps+ in most or all games with 4k at max settings? If not what do i need to change?

Intel core i9 7980xe extreme series
2x 2080Ti SLI
The maximum ram that the 7980xe will allow, maybe 64g or 128g
Enough storage(obviously)

yeti_yeti

Reputable
Apr 29, 2017
1. 7980xe is a stupid processor, especially for gaming. If you want maximum fps go for 8700k,9700k or 9900k.
2. Not a single computer will get you 200fps in 4k. 2080ti barely gets 60 on max settings in most AAA titles.

Oct 25, 2018
No; no current PC hardware is capable of 200+ FPS at 4K. Besides, the 7980XE wouldn't be the best CPU to use, as its relatively low clock speed will count against it. compared to CPUs like the 8700K/9900K.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Further, if a game works with a single video card, putting in a second one of the same card will NOT double your frame rate. Not even close.

Assuming that you get any performance increase in the game at all, or don't wind up with a performance decrease.

Sep 27, 2018
jeez, u guys r so pessimistic lmao... is our human technology rly this bad? I just want to see games like how I see real life, which is infinite frames, is that too much to ask?

can i at least run club penguin at 4k 200fps+?

DSzymborski

Titan

The problem is, things just don't scale like that. You reach the point of diminishing returns fairly quickly.

If you want a real-life "framerate," then your solution is real-life. We have limitations in hardware and software.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

It's not pessimism. It's realism. We also can't fly to other solar systems, after all. Or travel at light speed.

In any case, that is not how the human eye works. At all. Different parts of the eye see things at different rates, and the eye/optic nerve/etc., does not deal in full frames.

Honestly, most of what I have read makes it rather questionable whether the human eye can see a difference between, say, 120 fps and 200 fps, at all. Then you're talking about the data going along the optic nerve to the brain, actual perception of the information, a decision being made, and a signal transmitted to your hands.

Real life is NOT infinite frames. Obviously, no technology can ever create infinite frames, either. Conceptually, that makes no sense.

Ever ride along on a road, and when you see another car speed up slowly past you, how the rims appear to slow down, stop, then start to go in reverse? The wheels aren't actually going in reverse while the car is moving forward. Your eyes and brain simply can't process it as quickly as real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS