[SOLVED] Will this GPU be compatible with my specs

Aug 7, 2019
Current pc specs include i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz with 16GB of RAM and a 750W Power supply . I currently have the Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 motherboard and was hoping to upgrade my old GPU AMD 6950 possibly to the AMD 580RX and was wondering if this GPU would be compatible with my PC.

Solution
I literally cant find anything at all about that unit on the internet.
Idk why there has to be 4 12v rails, but the output specs look ok, except i see no 80+ certification.

I would still replace it as quality is unknown, but if it has an 8 pin pcie connector it will work.
Display Driver Uninstaller or ddu
Its a program that lets you completely uninstall display drivers.

So what you would do is run ddu and then power down and install the 580. Power on pc and install latest drivers.

I never heard of that psu and cant find anything on it.

Aug 7, 2019
Display Driver Uninstaller or ddu
Its a program that lets you completely uninstall display drivers.

So what you would do is run ddu and then power down and install the 580. Power on pc and install latest drivers.

I never heard of that psu and cant find anything on it.
Ah okay thanks, I would of uploaded a photo of my psu but not sure to upload photos on this forum

I literally cant find anything at all about that unit on the internet.
Idk why there has to be 4 12v rails, but the output specs look ok, except i see no 80+ certification.

I would still replace it as quality is unknown, but if it has an 8 pin pcie connector it will work.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It likely has that rail distribution because of the old ATX spec, which specified you couldn't go over 20A per rail.

Which means it's not just a weird dodgy off-brand, but one with a 15-year-old design (and quite possibly that old itself). I wouldn't let this PSU power a sandwich, unless it was a cheese sandwich and I was hoping for a grilled cheese for lunch.

TRENDING THREADS