Question Will this GPU be compatible with my system

Oct 17, 2020
I don't really game anymore and I only want to do some vr digital sculpting in a program call adobe medium I don't need it to be the best looking but i do want it to be clear and smooth or else ill vomit the card I have now can kind of do it but its way to choppy and I don't feel like upgrading anything else will this card be good enough and compatible.

Gtx 1660 super

here are my specs

os- window 10
cpu- intel(r) core(tm) i5-2500k cpu @ 3.30ghz 3.60ghz
ram- 12gb
mb- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
gpu- gtx770
psu- 750w

Mrgr74

Commendable
I don't really game anymore and I only want to do some vr digital sculpting in a program call adobe medium I don't need it to be the best looking but i do want it to be clear and smooth or else ill vomit the card I have now can kind of do it but its way to choppy and I don't feel like upgrading anything else will this card be good enough and compatible.

Gtx 1660 super

here are my specs

os- window 10
cpu- intel(r) core(tm) i5-2500k cpu @ 3.30ghz 3.60ghz
ram- 12gb
mb- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
gpu- gtx770
psu- 750w
Hi @sheepnwolf

1st off, welcome to the forums!

Yes, the 1660S will work with your system and should give you a very nice boost over your current GTX 770. Here's the specs for your mobo.

Here's a video of both GPU's vs each other.

Here's another video with your CPU & 1660S.

I know you said you don't game much, but regardless, it'll give you a general idea performance wise. How fast is your RAM & whats your PSU?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020
Hi @sheepnwolf

Yes, the 1660S will work with your system and should give you a very nice boost over your current GTX 770. Here's the specs for your mobo.

I know you said you don't game much, but regardless, it'll give you a general idea performance wise. How fast is your RAM & whats your PSU?
thank you so very much ; )
that was a big help

edit
I didn't see the last part of your message until now but my psu is 750w and I don't know how fast my ram is

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020
thank you so very much ; )
that was a big help
Hi @sheepnwolf

Hey I just want to say thank you I installed the card yesterday and it works like a charm everything is working 100% thanks a lot

Reactions: Mrgr74

ASK THE COMMUNITY