Question Will this GPU fit the case?

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Hi, I just purchased an msi rtx 3080 gaming z trio 10g lhr and unfortunately I didn't have any time to check dimensions before making the purchase (gpu went out of stock quickly) and now i'm wondering whether my Thermaltake VN300M1W2N Chaser MK-I Full Tower case will have enough room for this huge card. The case supports a maximum gpu length of 330mm and the card itself is 323mm long. If you look at a picture of the card, the PCB of the card itself seems to be shorter than the cooler so is that 323mm only referring to the length of the PCB or the whole thing including the part of the cooler sticking out? since i'm only working with about 7mm of clearance here unfortunately this matters. I'll be getting the card sometime in the next few days but I could still cancel the order before it ships. I wish I could remove the drive bay in the case to have more room but that can't be done. What do you guys think?

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
I believe the length is the entire length, what you see is what you get. If you are sure those dimensions of the case are true, then it should fit but a little more space is always encouraged.

Lutfij

Titan
The length will be the entire card, not just the PCB but the fan shroud as well. You can fit longer cards by removing the drive cage in the case...which if it's rivetted in place, then a drill with an 1/8" bit will do quick work of the rivets. Considering how hard it is to find a GPU, there's no telling when you're going to get your hands on another GPU purchase opportunity. This leads to me another question, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

platonicpotato

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
The length will be the entire card, not just the PCB but the fan shroud as well. You can fit longer cards by removing the drive cage in the case...which if it's rivetted in place, then a drill with an 1/8" bit will do quick work of the rivets. Considering how hard it is to find a GPU, there's no telling when you're going to get your hands on another GPU purchase opportunity. This leads to me another question, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Well just yesterday i tossed out my old corsair TX850w power supply and put in a brand new corsair HX1200 platinum so I should be good there. My problem also is I have no idea how long MSI's warrenty policy is because I also forgot to buy extended warranty for the card. Also unfortunately the drive bay in this case is not removable. at all, its part of the case and even if I could remove the drive bay I wouldn't know where to put the 2 SSDs I have anyway.. Do you happen to know what the warranty length for MSI is by any chance?