Question Will this GPU work on my system ?

Sep 17, 2024
Hi guys,

I just wanna ask you all about regarding your technicall knowledge (I'm not really good with computers)

A friend of mine gave me an MSI RTX 4060 Ventus 8GB OC but I only a have an old computer with these specs:

MBD: Can't remember
CPU: AMD A10 6800k 4.1 Ghz
RAM: 16GB
PSU: 600W
HDD space: around 2TB

Will this GPU work on my old rig? someone said to me about a bottleneck, I don't even know what it means.
Will I be able to play like AC Valhalla or Ghost of Tsushima?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

600W psu
600W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit and it's age?

Will this gpu work on this old rig? someone said to me about a bottle neck, I don't even know what it means.
Will I be able to play like AC Valhalla or Ghost of Tsushima?

If I were you, I'd look into a build that's concurrent to take advantage of the RTX4060. Right now anything you throw onto your APU build is wasted resources...technically no, if you live in a cold environment, that system will double as a room heater. Yes I owned an A10-6800K and I'm glad I moved out of it.

It should work and you will get an uplift, not as much as if it was going into a new system but an increase in performance all the same.

The 600w should be enough if the power supply isn't some no name brand and actually delivers something approaching the 600w it claims.

Edit:

The only thing that could hinder you is if that system has no UEFI, then you might have a problem.

Sep 17, 2024
I installed it and the latest driver, but it seems like everytime I ran games or just browsing the net, the system goes to sleep and I can't wake it up, or sometimes it retarts everything....

the perks of having a potato pc...:)