[SOLVED] Will this help me to cool my GPU temp?

Sep 22, 2021
Case: H500m
Gpu: 3080
gpu temp: 78-80

My current fans configuration:
poxWFcWbj

I am thinking to put the rad in front behind the 2x200mm fans, and then adding 2x140 or 3x120 on top, will this be worth it to cool my overall system temp?

Solution
I am thinking to put the rad in front behind the 2x200mm fans,
That's doesn't work very well. I tried it a gpu AIO in my H500P Mesh.
The 200mm lack static pressure and have no place near AIO radiators which have a moderately high FPI(Fins Per Inch), thus worsening your front intake.
Also, it makes more noise.

Your current fan/radiator setup is already good. I'm assuming the top fans are set to exhaust - no one can actually see them.
The other good alternative I can see is to move the two 200mm to top exhaust, and have the AIO front intake.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I am thinking to put the rad in front behind the 2x200mm fans,
That's doesn't work very well. I tried it a gpu AIO in my H500P Mesh.
The 200mm lack static pressure and have no place near AIO radiators which have a moderately high FPI(Fins Per Inch), thus worsening your front intake.
Also, it makes more noise.

Your current fan/radiator setup is already good. I'm assuming the top fans are set to exhaust - no one can actually see them.
The other good alternative I can see is to move the two 200mm to top exhaust, and have the AIO front intake.

Solution
Sep 22, 2021
and what fans do you recommend to put it up instead of the 200mm fans that have better static pressure, I have 280mm the corsair h115i version?

Also, my only complain for my current setup of fans that my GPU reaches at 60C while idling, and my friend suggests that putting AIO like that is the problem.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
and what fans do you recommend to put it up instead of the 200mm fans that have better static pressure, I have 280mm the corsair h115i version?
I think I get what you were saying now.
I wasn't trying to tell you to replace/remove anything - that's not necessary - but I was saying that a good alternative option was for the 200mm fans and the AIO's radiator and fans to switch places... there was also nothing wrong with how you already had it either.

200mm fans are air flow fans, but really big; high airflow, low static pressure, thus can move a lot of air, but lose much of their strength against obstacles.
So they are best used by themselves, and not against radiators. That's why the plan you proposed in large, bold letters isn't very effective.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You should not focus on the TEMPERATURE of your GPU. That video card has its own cooling system and it is already programmed to adjust its own fans to keep the GPU chip temperature where its maker thinks is best. The programming involved will run the video card fans at a certain minimum setting - it will NOT stop them or run them so slow they might stall - at low workloads like idle, and will only speed up the fans as workload increases to a temperature the maker says needs more cooling. The REAL point of interest is what the GPU chip temp gets up to at very high workloads - like, sustained gaming in a high-demand game. As long as the card can keep the GPU under its MAX temperature rating (and that can be quite high for current GPU chips) at heavy workloads and without reaching max speed of its fans, you are getting ALL the cooling that system needs. You do not need more.

More importantly, if the video card's fan system is actually adequate for the job, doing what you propose will NOT cool it down significantly. IF the video card is provided with much more cool air inside your case, the card's fan control system will just slow down its fans to try to reach the SAME temperatures as you are getting now.

Reactions: MajdiO

TRENDING THREADS