Will this lite-on model work with Windows 7?

Hirachi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
Ok I was assembling my first gaming rig when it was near complete and was time to wire up everything I realized that the DVD Drive I bought is IDE factor and that I need Sata in order for it to connect to my hard drive and be able to install windows 7. I saw this lite-on model that everyone says their brand is near flawless. I looked on newegg and it doesn't have windows 7 listed in the supported list which makes me worry if it will go unstable or not work at all.
this is the model: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106289

Hirachi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

You mean to the same sata port that my Sata 6.0gbs is in? I'm using Asus Crosshair V Formula if that helps

LiteOnFB

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hi

This is Bob from Lite-On's Facebook team, I happen to see your port when I was Googling.

wintermint is right in that if you've another SATA port it's tidier to have it connected to that

Performancewise though you shouldn't see difference if you connect it to the same SATA port

Yes it is Windows 7 compatable

If you have further questions, look us up on Facebook ( I'm part of the official LiteonODD global team) and I'll make sure you get answers

Good luck with the build

TRENDING THREADS