Question Will this memory cause any problems in my laptop?

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
Hello there!
I'm looking to upgrade my RAM in laptop

I'm looking to buy this ram on amazon as its on sale
https://www.amazon.in/Crucial-4GB-D...yMM3hoY_LiCK3AmjRNQGu-0tU6zRG1IkaAqOqEALw_wcB

but the thing that is bugging me is that the frequency of the RAM is 2400 and RAM in my laptop is 2133

Current RAM:
Total Size: 4096 MB
Type: Single Channel (64 bit) DDR4-SDRAM
Frequency: 1064.4 MHz (DDR4-2128) - Ratio 1:16
Timings: 15-15-15-36-2 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCR)

please help me out!

Thank you

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2133 is the default speed of ddr4 ram. 2400 is just a slight overclock.
That aside, don't buy it.
1)Mixing sticks isn't guaranteed to work. It's best for you to buy a brand new kit of 2. Buying and adding a single stick, or the one in your link, may lead to system instability instead of improved performance.
2)If by some chance the combo works Since the 2 sticks in question are different speeds, the faster stick will automatically downclock to match the slower one. Not really a big issue, but then you're paying extra for speeds you're not getting. Which brings me to:
3)But what if the sticks are identical in spec? They still may not work, i.e., a gamble. A kit is guaranteed to work together by the manufacturer.

Save yourself the trouble and look for a kit of 2 sticks. That single stick may cost you even more if it doesn't agree with your current ram.

Abbas_Dhd

Reputable
Dec 17, 2016
2133 is the default speed of ddr4 ram. 2400 is just a slight overclock.
That aside, don't buy it.
1)Mixing sticks isn't guaraniteed to work. It's best for you to buy a brand new kit of 2. Buying and adding a single stick, or the one in your link, may lead to system instability instead of improved performance.
2)If by some chance the combo works Since the 2 sticks in question are different speeds, the faster stick will automatically downclock to match the slower one. Not really a big issue, but then you're paying extra for speeds you're not getting. Which brings me to:
3)But what if the sticks are identical in spec? They still may not work, i.e., a gamble. A kit is guaranteed to work together by the manufacturer.

Save yourself the trouble and look for a kit of 2 sticks. That single stick may cost you even more if it doesn't agree with your current ram.
One of memory stick is soldered to the mobo and I have only one slot left so I cant really buy 2 sticks

And also 2400 is cheaper than 2133 for some reason

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
One of memory stick is soldered to the mobo and I have only one slot left so I cant really buy 2 sticks

And also 2400 is cheaper than 2133 for some reason
One stick is sealed, huh? Well that just makes things harder.
By that, I mean if you want to add more ram, you can't avoid playing the ram roulette.
Adding an identical stick(not necessarily same brand) can work, but you'd have to buy and test it for yourself.
No one can tell you which sticks will work/won't work together. It may not be worth the trouble.

Reactions: Abbas_Dhd