Will This Microphone setup work? (Astros)

IllusiveTheory

Reputable
Nov 24, 2015
I'm sorry if I confuse anything!

I currently have a razor seiren, and astro a40's/w mixamp.

I was wondering if I could use a headphones splitter 1 female to 2 males connector to use my Audio+Mic on ps4(Connected through mixamp), and use the other male connection point and plug it into my pc simultaneously.

Setup:

Female Connection Port: Astro Headset cable.

Male 1 Connection Port: Plugs into the Astro mixamp which allows Audio+Mic on PS4.

Male 2 Connection Port: Only allows audio through PC(I have a separate Mic).

I'd like both to be simultaneous.

Any help is appreciated. I'm aware of other methods, although they affect other issues with my setup. I'd just like info on the setup suggested.

Thanks! :)

Solution
I think this is indeed confusing. Are you talking about this kind of splitter? I think it would be easier if maybe you use IN and OUT (so we know what goes where).

Let me get a try anyway, you want to connect you Astro Headset micro OUT and headphones IN to:
1.the PC line-in IN and headset OUT
2.the Astro Mixamp Audio IN and OUT

Correct? Theoretically this could work, but you would need a splitter with like four male jacks or two "3 pins" jacks.

Zakham

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
I think this is indeed confusing. Are you talking about this kind of splitter? I think it would be easier if maybe you use IN and OUT (so we know what goes where).

Let me get a try anyway, you want to connect you Astro Headset micro OUT and headphones IN to:
1.the PC line-in IN and headset OUT
2.the Astro Mixamp Audio IN and OUT

Correct? Theoretically this could work, but you would need a splitter with like four male jacks or two "3 pins" jacks.

Solution