Will this Mobo bottleneck with the GPU for gaming?

Solution
No, it won't. Motherboards won't bottleneck GPUs (unless you're trying to run SLI on 2 or more high-end cards on anything less than PCIe x16 3.0).

Jackhooks21

Reputable
May 22, 2014

The reason for two keyboards is that I can't find a Mass Effect 3 keyboard anywhere. I live in Germany so getting parts is difficult and requires me to buy parts usually one at a time and I keep that there to remind myself to look once more before buying a board, just in cas. Thank you for you advice regarding the mobo.
Edit: I have a need for overkill just in case. I suffer from mild paranoia, and need to be sure this build will run new games at 50-60fps at 1080p

Yeah, that build will run anything very, very well. Of course, overkill = 'future proof' when it comes to PCs.

One last thing: The good part about Z97 motherboards is that they will support the Intel next gen (Broadwell) CPUs as well so you won't need to upgrade your motherboard even if you feel like getting a brand new i7 a year from now.

Jackhooks21

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I have now upgraded to the asus maximus hero, with an Intel xeon e3-1230v3

Jackhooks21

Reputable
May 22, 2014

I knew that but Intel CPUs aren't great for OC anyway (in my limited expeience) AMD is a little better about it, but my GPU is what my Overclocking (if I do any) will be focused on