Will this Monitor Fit?

Solution

Well, basic mathematics suggests to me that 23.5" + 1" for bezels is < 27", but it is just an approximation for a flatscreen. Your monitor is curved, ergo, it should take even less horizontal space.

As it stands, I don't think you'll have issues with fitting it on your desk. I would still suggest going to the manufacturer website and looking at their specifications - almost all of them will tell you the width and height of the monitor.

Edit: Sorry, I realized my ellipsis merged in with the decimal. Not 5" on all sides... 0.5" on all sides. Sorry about that.

Most websites will have that information; google your model and you should find dimensions, particularly if you can find the manufacturer. From your screen size and resolution I can offer an approximation:

The area of the screen itself is 23.5"x13.2" (59.8cmx33.6). For a typical bezel, I would add probably..... 0.5" on all sides or 1.257cm. This would be for a flat screen model - yours is curved, so its width would be reduced by a portion.

Well, basic mathematics suggests to me that 23.5" + 1" for bezels is < 27", but it is just an approximation for a flatscreen. Your monitor is curved, ergo, it should take even less horizontal space.

As it stands, I don't think you'll have issues with fitting it on your desk. I would still suggest going to the manufacturer website and looking at their specifications - almost all of them will tell you the width and height of the monitor.

Edit: Sorry, I realized my ellipsis merged in with the decimal. Not 5" on all sides... 0.5" on all sides. Sorry about that.

Solution

XxDarkus101Xx

Honorable
Dec 3, 2016
REALLY??? I thought your eye vision gets damaged or ruined if you sit too close to a TV or a PC monitor. And Another thing, about fitting it, I was thinking about pushing the monitor further into the desk. I don't have to pull it closer outside of it since it is curved do I?

1. Parents like it b/c it keeps the kids from playing the nintendos as easily
2. No clinical proof has been established. Best practice however is to focus on a distant object for a while every 20 or 30 minutes.
3. Eyestrain can increase with proximity due to blockier pixels and a less smooth image - but at 2K this is not a problem really for a monitor positioned on a desk.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You want the monitor far enough away that you can see the whole screen (most of it will be in peripheral vision) but close enough where the picture is still clear and not hazy from pixelation.

So depending on your specific eyesight, it's generally about arms length or maybe slightly more or less.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Too personal to answer. Some prefer the look, especially with larger screens, it feels more immersive. Does take a minute to get used to it though. Personally I prefer the smaller flat-screen, 24" is perfect, because I prefer to see the whole screen. I happen to have a rather narrow focus angle and constant motion of head/eyes to see things on the larger screens gets irritating after a while. For me.

Only you can decide what you like.