will this motherboard work with this cpu and gpu?

Ninski

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
hi! I am just about to buy my first computer (i will build/assemble it myself), and i am wondering if the MSI b250 krait gaming motherboard would be a decent choice to run alongside an intel core i7-7700k cpu and the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 armor gpu? i have done some research and havent found any incompatibilities, yet i thought it would be a good idea to ask some more experienced people on their take on the matter at hand.

any help or suggestions is appreciated!

thanks.

Solution
Yeah, that all looks sweet, providing you buy the correct Motherboard version (so it has the correct socket, this Motherboard runs a 1151 socket, so just make sure its the same as the i7 you buy and there should be no issue

as for the GPU, make sure the power supply you install is powerful enough to run this along side your system and has PCIe 6 pin connectors (you'll need 2)

I would advise a high quality set of RAM maybe 16GB of Corsair RAM?

You have the makings of a beast of a machine there my friend. From what I can see it's going to run Sweet as hell.

Blitz_

Commendable
Jun 28, 2017
Yeah, that all looks sweet, providing you buy the correct Motherboard version (so it has the correct socket, this Motherboard runs a 1151 socket, so just make sure its the same as the i7 you buy and there should be no issue

as for the GPU, make sure the power supply you install is powerful enough to run this along side your system and has PCIe 6 pin connectors (you'll need 2)

I would advise a high quality set of RAM maybe 16GB of Corsair RAM?

You have the makings of a beast of a machine there my friend. From what I can see it's going to run Sweet as hell.

Solution

Ninski

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

thanks for the advice! i will go for the 16GB corsair ram as you suggested!

really looking forward to getting the pc up and running!

Ninski

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017

oh, should i go for the i7-7700 instead of the i7-7700k then? :0

If the price is not a big deal the K is better as you could, down the road should you want, you could get a "Z" board and overclock if you wanted to.