[SOLVED] Will this PC run it?

Solution
Hi all

To make a long story short, will this computer run the sims 4 with all/if not most expansion packs on max settings?

Thanks

https://www.pccasegear.com/wish_lists/1037588

Hi,

so firstly that is a really nice machine- only change I would suggest is get a larger SSD instead of the HDD as games load / run much better from SSD. The CPU, graphics card etc all really good.

As for the Sims 4- honest answer with all the expansions installed is probably not. That has nothing to do with the computer though, my sister is a big Sims 4 fan and when you install all the expansions the game just gets really sluggish (essentially they kept bolting more stuff onto the game without improving the game engine to cope with it). It...
Hi all

To make a long story short, will this computer run the sims 4 with all/if not most expansion packs on max settings?

Thanks

https://www.pccasegear.com/wish_lists/1037588

Hi,

so firstly that is a really nice machine- only change I would suggest is get a larger SSD instead of the HDD as games load / run much better from SSD. The CPU, graphics card etc all really good.

As for the Sims 4- honest answer with all the expansions installed is probably not. That has nothing to do with the computer though, my sister is a big Sims 4 fan and when you install all the expansions the game just gets really sluggish (essentially they kept bolting more stuff onto the game without improving the game engine to cope with it). It doesn't really matter what you run it on, the Sims 4 graphics wise can pretty much run on a suitable advanced toaster- it's the game itself that is just poorly optimised and hasn't been updated to take advantage of modern hardware (really they should make a Sims 5, but isn't going to happen as they closed the Maxis studio a few years ago).

That machine you have selected will run it as well as anything will (especially if you make sure the game is installed on the SSD- which I suggest you might want more ssd storage). Just keep in mind once you add all the expansions the game will run badly (if you use the expansions one at a time it should be ok).

Reactions: checott
Solution

checott

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Hi,

As for the Sims 4- honest answer with all the expansions installed is probably not. That has nothing to do with the computer though, my sister is a big Sims 4 fan and when you install all the expansions the game just gets really sluggish (essentially they kept bolting more stuff onto the game without improving the game engine to cope with it). It doesn't really matter what you run it on, the Sims 4 graphics wise can pretty much run on a suitable advanced toaster- it's the game itself that is just poorly optimised and hasn't been updated to take advantage of modern hardware (really they should make a Sims 5, but isn't going to happen as they closed the Maxis studio a few years ago).

That machine you have selected will run it as well as anything will (especially if you make sure the game is installed on the SSD- which I suggest you might want more ssd storage). Just keep in mind once you add all the expansions the game will run badly (if you use the expansions one at a time it should be ok).
Wow amazing! Thanks. So you suggest bumping the SSD to the 480GB instead of the one I have selected? And in regards to the game, this tells me not to play with all of them. Honestly I’ve only bought two, so this will mean I just won’t buy many more :) so thanks for that! But you’re saying the system overall is nice and will operate smoothly?

Wow amazing! Thanks. So you suggest bumping the SSD to the 480GB instead of the one I have selected? And in regards to the game, this tells me not to play with all of them. Honestly I’ve only bought two, so this will mean I just won’t buy many more :) so thanks for that! But you’re saying the system overall is nice and will operate smoothly?

I think bumping the SSD is a good idea- you will want the Sims installed on that for best performance- and yes it should run the game very well (or at least as well as you can run it, as I say, the Sims 4 can be quite slow irrespective of your hardware).

TRENDING THREADS