[SOLVED] Will this possibly, somehow work? (Ryzen 5 2600 + RTX 2060 build)

H9F_142

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
Hey.
I'm new to PC building as this would be my first time, but I wanna learn that stuff so lets go. I've found some parts that should work together really well (according to the internet) but I wanna be 100% sure. I'm planning to order this monday.
Those are my parts:

• Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz- 3.9GHz AM4
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 GAMING OC PRO 6GB
  • ASRock B450 Pro4
  • 16Gb (2x8) HyperX 3333MHz Predator CL16
  • SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 (for some extra CPU cooling)
  • SilentiumPC Supremo L2 Gold V2 550W
  • Phanteks Eclipse P300

Would anyone mind having a look is those will work together well? I have been getting advice to upgrade the Ryzen to a 2600X or even get a X470 instead of B450 which seems much. I'm totally open to any advice on upgrades if necessary. Better build something good now than have to upgrade soon later. Thanks in advance to any replies!

Solution
I would actually go for a ryzen 3600 as the cpu. The rest of your components are actually pretty good. The ryzen 3600 because it has a decently higher performance, especially for 1080p. But you will have to get a bios update with that, but there are some motherboards as the
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
That have a bios flashback feature where you can update ur bios without a bios version compatible (or if im not mistaking without a cpu completely) for basically free. you will only need a usb flash drive. But there are also B450 MAX motherboards that already have that new bios so you dont have to update your bios for using your pc. (there is also a MSI B350 Tomahawk MAX version)

jackman9061

Prominent
Jan 31, 2018
I recommend you actually get the Super version of the Gigabyte RTX 2060. It's a little more expensive, but the performance increase is worth it. And unless you plan on overclocking your PC, there's no need to get RAM that has a higher frequency than what your CPU supports (2933MHz), it'll end up being capped to the maximum supported RAM frequency. And there's actually specific RAM modules that AMD has listed to work with Ryzen CPUs (since any RAM module that isn't supported will underperform on Ryzen based builds). Here's a list of the supported RAM modules:

https://www.amd.com/system/files/2017-06/am4-motherboard-memory-support-list-en_0.pdf

And if you would like your PSU to run quiet, then you should probably buy a PSU that has 650W of power. This will also help if there's any power fluctuations. But other than what I've stated, all of the rest of the components should work nicely.

H9F_142

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
That's great. I'm on a budget unfortunately and need to get a keyboard and monitor too so the SUPER version is a bit too expensive at the moment. I think a usual 2060 should be enough since I'm gonna be gaming at 1080p. I didn't know the CPU frequency caps the RAM. Thanks for telling, I'll get something slightly cheaper.

Jul 17, 2019
I would actually go for a ryzen 3600 as the cpu. The rest of your components are actually pretty good. The ryzen 3600 because it has a decently higher performance, especially for 1080p. But you will have to get a bios update with that, but there are some motherboards as the
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK
That have a bios flashback feature where you can update ur bios without a bios version compatible (or if im not mistaking without a cpu completely) for basically free. you will only need a usb flash drive. But there are also B450 MAX motherboards that already have that new bios so you dont have to update your bios for using your pc. (there is also a MSI B350 Tomahawk MAX version)

Solution

H9F_142

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK

Ryzen 3600 is outside my budget. If I'm staying with the 2600, is there any need to change the Motherboard?

Jul 17, 2019
Ryzen 3600 is outside my budget. If I'm staying with the 2600, is there any need to change the Motherboard?
You motherboard is perfect for thee 2600. Other than that be sure to overclock ur cpu and graphics card and go buy the parts. Have fun with putting it together :D