Will this power adapter work?

Solution
Yeah, the 8 pin is just another +12v channel AFAIK. The important piece is the rest of the components and the CPUs you slap into the MoBo, so they can live in harmony with the same PSU.

Sounds like you're in the knows, so it should go fine. Just make sure you sum the amps of the 12V rails and you're not above it for the PSU you choose.

Cheers!
I'll give this link to you: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-a-server-psu-to-go-with-a-server-motherboard-if-so-what-type.142519/

I am aligned with the answers in there and that PSU looks fine. As long as the ATX spec of the PSU is 2.3+, then you should be fine. In any case, you might be able to do it with less wattage than 750W. If you're going for dual 65W xeons, then a 450W PSU is more than plenty.

Cheers!

Right92

Reputable
Dec 30, 2015
I will adding a 250W graphics card to the mix to eat up some of that 750W PSU lol.

That thread deals with a single 8pin EPS motherboard. Mine requires 2. I kept digging and found some more info.

Seems the molex adapters are fine.

Yeah, the 8 pin is just another +12v channel AFAIK. The important piece is the rest of the components and the CPUs you slap into the MoBo, so they can live in harmony with the same PSU.

Sounds like you're in the knows, so it should go fine. Just make sure you sum the amps of the 12V rails and you're not above it for the PSU you choose.

Cheers!

Solution