Question Will this power supply be enough?

danipoz

Honorable
May 31, 2015
I have an old r9 270 which i always ran overclocked to 1050/1500 basically making it identical with r9 270X. Without the overclock it says it uses 150W of power. So overclocked it must be alittle bit more. I have a 500w bronze 80+ rated psu. I bought a used gtx 1060 6gb windforce OCand want to swap with the 270 but i dont know if the psu will be enough. I mean it says 120W its 30less. Im planing to buy a new psu soon bvut in the meantime will the psu be enough?

Does the 1060 6gb windforce oc use less power than he r9 270 overclocked? On the spec list recommended psu is 400W while for the r9 270 is 500W also it uses 120w while r9 270 150w, is this all true? If it is im good to go i guess
What PSU do you have?
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9ILzkvNTk1NDg1L29yaWdpbmFsLzIwLU92ZXJ2aWV3LUNhcmQtRGlmZmVyZW50LUxvYWQtTGV2ZWxzLnBuZw==

I'd say so.

danipoz

Honorable
May 31, 2015
That doesn't sound like a good brand so get a new PSU if you can get a Seasonic focus gold plus EVGA G3 or Corsair TX/RM go for it.
Everyone says thats not a good brand but i had no issues in 6 years i use it. I planned to buy a new one and yea a seasonic focus gold was on my radar because that was avaialble in my country. If this old psu handled a 270 overclocked then it should handle a 1060 which uses less power for a month or two until i buy a new one???

Everyone says thats not a good brand but i had no issues in 6 years i use it. I planned to buy a new one and yea a seasonic focus gold was on my radar because that was avaialble in my country. If this old psu handled a 270 overclocked then it should handle a 1060 which uses less power for a month or two until i buy a new one???
The reason why they say it's a bad brand is all unknown branded (from my knowledge) PSUs WHEN they die it WILL take all of the parts with it which is why you don't see people recommend super cheap PSUs like for example the Cooler Master MasterWatt because it will take out your entire system when it dies.

danipoz

Honorable
May 31, 2015
The reason why they say it's a bad brand is all unknown branded (from my knowledge) PSUs WHEN they die it WILL take all of the parts with it which is why you don't see people recommend super cheap PSUs like for example the Cooler Master MasterWatt because it will take out your entire system when it dies.
The psu is Raidmax RF-500AF-B 80 plus bronze. Has OVP, UVP , OPP and SCP, how can it take rest of the components?