Question Will this power supply support my graphics card?

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
well..i am planning to buy a new graphics card GTX 1660...and i am having a 750Watt power supply..but when i searched on the internet.. i found that people are saying that it gets burned at 500watt and so it should be labeled as a 475watt power supply...the recommended power supply for my graphics card is 450Watt..so what should i do?will this be enough or should i upgrade the power supply?it is CoolMax cul-750B

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
well..my motherboard is: intel extreme board dz77re-75k
Graphics card: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Gaming OC (x3windblades)
Ram:16GB Ram DDR3
Porceesor:it is Core i7 but idk which generation etc.. as i can't open the pc without a GPU
Hard Disk:WD Blue 1T

DSzymborski

Titan
A Corsair CX 550 would be the least expensive PSU worth considering. Why can't you start the PC without a GPU? There are only four Sandy Bridge i7s that run on a Z77 motherboard (3770, 3770K, 3770T, 3770S) and all of them have integrated graphics, meaning you can run your PC if your monitor is connected to the motherboard outputs.

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Gigabyte recommended minimum is 450 watts, if you plan on overclocking at all you should go with at least a decent 500 watt.

Are you in the US ?
well..i am not planning for overclocking at all..no,i live in Egypt(sadly ;( )

A Corsair CX 550 would be the least expensive PSU worth considering. Why can't you start the PC without a GPU? There are only four Sandy Bridge i7s that run on a Z77 motherboard (3770, 3770K, 3770T, 3770S) and all of them have integrated graphics, meaning you can run your PC if your monitor is connected to the motherboard outputs.
well..actually i didn't know that at all..thanks for that information! i am going to test it right now.(btw..is the integrated graphics card able to run a game suck as league of legends or something like that without problems? or is it too weak,sorry..i am kinda newbie?)
Edit:I can use GTX 1660 on that motherboard right?

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
well..i think i am facing a big problem here...when i tried to start the PC...it didn't boot and then gave a beep sound and an EB error on the motherboard..can someone help me with that?

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Nevermind..it is fixed (and i don't know how it was fixed ;p) so everything works fine..i am writing this reply from the PC so..about the power supply..what is the best type for a 500watt power supply and not so expensive..as i dont know anything about power supplies

i will check that one right now..if you guys have any others in mind..please state it here as it will help me so much..thank you all <3

Edit: what about this power supply?

Cooler Master Elite V2 500W PSU

Last edited:

ScreamX

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Well i am planning to buy a PSU so i was asking about seasonic..is it a good one? I will pay the 500watt...my gpu Gtx 1660 and processor core i-7 and inter extreme motherboard..juat tell me if that PSU type is fine or not..and if not please tell me some other good cheap ones