[SOLVED] Will this PSU be enough for a GTX 1060 6GB?

Martin200HUN

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015
sZnDbCy.png

I'm assuming I have to upgrade.

I'm don't want to overclock or anything like that, I just want to know if putting in this graphics card in will kill my PC or not.

I would also like to know if there are any other compatibility issues with my other components.

CPU: I7-4790
Motherboard: ASUS B85-PRO GAMER
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8)
Case: NZXT S340 with 2 stock fans
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM

Solution
I wouldn't use it with it. Chieftec is almost universally known for making garbage power supplies. They MIGHT have one or two decent ones out there, at some point in the distant past, but if so I am unaware of it and the label itself shows how terrible that unit is. 396w on the 12v, which is clearly below the 450w recommended capacity, if it were a good unit, which that is not. Be smart, get a better power supply.

I wouldn't use it with it. Chieftec is almost universally known for making garbage power supplies. They MIGHT have one or two decent ones out there, at some point in the distant past, but if so I am unaware of it and the label itself shows how terrible that unit is. 396w on the 12v, which is clearly below the 450w recommended capacity, if it were a good unit, which that is not. Be smart, get a better power supply.

Solution

Martin200HUN

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2015

Thank you so much, I don't really know how power supplies work so I made post here just in case.
I will buy a better one.