[SOLVED] Will this psu be enough?

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello,
So i am building a new rig and i've used some online psu calculators and the highest showed that a 550w psu is required .
I've searched for a high tier psu and i found this.
Table of parts including the psu :

product​
type​
Asus PRIME B450M-A AM4, AMD B450, DDR4, PCI-E, VGA, DVI, HDMI​
Motherboard​
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6Ghz AM4 - Box​
CPU​
MSI GTX 1660 VENTUS XS 6GB OC GDDR6 HDMI 3xDP PCI-E​
GPU​
HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL12​
Memory​
Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 MZ-V7S500 500GB SSD​
Storage​
Antec 550W 80+ Gold EA550G Pro PSU Retail​
PSU​
Antec DP301M Black Micro-ATX Case No PSU​
Case​

I just would like to know if it will be enough for the system.

Thanks in advanced, AfikH.

Last edited:
Solution
Yes, that PSU is a great option. A quality 550w does give you the ability for upgrades and can certainly handle your current setup.

The Antec Earthwatts Gold units are rebadged Seasonic FOCUS units, so they carry the same quality, reliability, and 7-year warranty as the Seasonic units.

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
I don't see any links or pictures.

Please post your full system specs.

It's worth noting that a lot of PSU calculators totally miss the mark on their estimations, usually by a substantial margin.
Hay, thanks for your reply.
Please check my first post again i've replaced the image by a table.

Yes, that PSU is a great option. A quality 550w does give you the ability for upgrades and can certainly handle your current setup.

The Antec Earthwatts Gold units are rebadged Seasonic FOCUS units, so they carry the same quality, reliability, and 7-year warranty as the Seasonic units.

Reactions: AfikH
Solution

logainofhades

Titan
Go with a less expensive SSD, like the Intel 660p, and use the savings to get 16gb, instead of 8gb ram. These days 16gb is the sweet spot, with 8gb being the absolute minimum. Ram should also be at least ddr4 3000, for ryzen. For gaming, you wouldn't tell the difference between the two drives anyway. You might even have enough to step up to a faster 1660ti. Depends really on budget.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX

AfikH

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Go with a less expensive SSD, like the Intel 660p, and use the savings to get 16gb, instead of 8gb ram. These days 16gb is the sweet spot, with 8gb being the absolute minimum. Ram should also be at least ddr4 3000, for ryzen. For gaming, you wouldn't tell the difference between the two drives anyway. You might even have enough to step up to a faster 1660ti. Depends really on budget.
Hay, Thanks for your reply.
About you suggestion I will upgrade the ram according to what you written.
I got a little question though about ram. I know this is not the place but since you're a moderator and i am just replying to your post,
Does the CL or from what i understand "Latency" matters?
And if it does should I get as lower as possible or there is a sweet spot where the combination of the latency and the price hit's the best value?

Edit :
Meanwhile i have read and found that there is some kind of a formula :
Latency / {Divide} By Clock speed .
So i got two options :
Option 1 :
HyperX Predator 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Kit
Formula - 15/3000 = 0.005
Price = 112 usd

Option 2 :
2x HyperX Predator 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL12
Formula - 12/2400= 0.005
Price = 99 usd