Question Will this PSU be enough?

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
well I recently got a sapphire R9 270X, I also have 8 gigs of ram ddr3, i5 4590 (nothing is overclocked) 22 inches led monitor plus 2x 500gb hdd at 5.4k rpm and 7.2k rpm, the psu I chose is the Thermaltake Smart psu 600w 80+ white, will that be enough?

Thermaltake Smart psu 600w 80+ white

That's not a very good high quality PSU though. Just a basic 80 PLUS unit. Try to grab some other MODEL. It will work on your PC, but I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
That's not a very good high quality PSU though. Just a basic 80 PLUS unit. Try to grab some other MODEL. It will work on your PC, but I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.
well, im going to buy a thermaltake tr2 600w 80+ bronze, i heard is not a bad psu and it isnt that cheap, the problem here is that i live in Argentina, prices here are very high for products with a quality that doesnt mactch those prices, here i cant get that smart psu for around 3000AR$ which are like 70U$ but the 80+ bronze tr2 600w goes for 2500AR$, something like 57U$, my hypothesis is that the more expensive one is worse but is more expensive cause its semi-modular, i have already used the tr2 600w with a sapphire r9 270, not 270x, and it was ok, there you can see that i am not getting a better gpu cause its hella expensive too, im talking about paying more than 1500u$ for a gtx 1080ti aorus xtreme edition.

https://lezamapc.com.ar/64-fuentes

Wow, the selection on both those sites are very limited. A TR2 may actually be your best option (although I didn't actually see a TR2 on either of those sites).

I know for a fact those aren't the only two stores in Argentina.

In fact, starting last year, Corsair started shipping Argentina specific (-AR part number) SKUs with Argentinian part numbers for everything from VS to AX.

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
Where's a review?
i have another question, i was checking the power consumption of the r9 270x on idle and full load, i have concluded in 2 questions, is it hard to get to the full load of the card? Those benchmarks take in account the whole system or just the graphics card to get that wattage use?

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
I can't find any.

I'm going off of what I have heard other moderators say here and what EVGAs spec sheet says.
https://www.evga.com/Products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=1F2DBC72-28E5-42FC-AE31-256E4CAE7AAA

Decent warranty aswell. Not an amazing unit with a lower efficiency rating, low temp rating, and old school sleeve fan. Certainly not the worst by any streatch.
i also saw this psu and i think im going to get this one, its 80+ Bronze
https://www.venexcomputacion.com/co...es/fuente-aerocool-600w-80--bronze-c-fan.html

i have another question, i was checking the power consumption of the r9 270x on idle and full load, i have concluded in 2 questions, is it hard to get to the full load of the card? Those benchmarks take in account the whole system or just the graphics card to get that wattage use?
Look at what AMD reccomends as the lowest psu wattage for that gpu. Get that wattage or above.

Thats a good rule of thumb but there are some exceptions.

TRENDING THREADS