[SOLVED] Will this psu handle my rig

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Hi guys i built my rig using used parts and how it was a pretty tight budget i didnt bought neither a case nor a good psu so i have to borrow a psu from a friend's pc, but its this chinese crap that im so insecured if i should use it.

my rig is the following:

Xeon 1230 v2
8gb ram
asrock h61m vg3
2 hdd
3 case fans
rx 580

fuente-de-poder-de-800w-agi-ps800-agiler-D_NQ_NP_775898-MLV32924038739_112019-F.jpg

Solution
No. You do not want to use that power supply with that system, or any system for that matter. That is a VERY old unit.

Not only is that a low quality power supply, with a deceptive total output considering it only has 26 amps on the 12v rail, but it's also a near certainty that the unit is extremely old as no modern power supplies would have a reference for compatibility with a Pentium 4 on the specifications decal. My advice would be to throw that unit in the trash, because it is not safe to use with any system, and get something that is reliable in the 550-650w range.

You can find information on reliable, recommended models, here...
No. You do not want to use that power supply with that system, or any system for that matter. That is a VERY old unit.

Not only is that a low quality power supply, with a deceptive total output considering it only has 26 amps on the 12v rail, but it's also a near certainty that the unit is extremely old as no modern power supplies would have a reference for compatibility with a Pentium 4 on the specifications decal. My advice would be to throw that unit in the trash, because it is not safe to use with any system, and get something that is reliable in the 550-650w range.

You can find information on reliable, recommended models, here:

Solution

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015

You can find information on reliable, recommended models, here:

Hi thanks for answering, so can i damage my gpu cpu mobo etc for using this psu?