Will this PSU work with my system?

Simple post. The PSU is on Craigslist locally in my area, brand new, trying to get it for less than hes asking, but will it work with my system?

here is the PSU: Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply https://ashtabula.craigslist.org/sop/d/corsair-cx750m-80-bronze/6606388917.html

My case fans are molex and my current PSU is molex. I know its more power than I need but Im planning on building a new system in the coming months that Ill transfer this over too.

* SYSTEM SPECS *

CPU- AMD A8 5600k
GPU- GTX 750 1gb
RAM- 6gb DDR3 (currently have another identicle 4gb chip coming in so it will be 8gb ddr3 1333)
MOBO- BIOSTAR A55ML2
PSU- Logysis 480w
WIN- Winodws 10 Home
CASE- RAIDMAX Tornado ATX-238WR Black / Red

Solution
Yeah, if you need it to be at $50 instead of $70, there are still better choices, especially as you don't need anywhere in the same galaxy as 750W. You could run two of your PC with 750W.

A new CX550M has better capacitors, still far more power than you require (which will almost certainly stay the case unless you're getting a 1080ti, but if you were, it would be odd to buy this to haggle down $20), and you'll actually have a warranty.

And the CX550M is new at Amazon for $60. And you can get a CX450M at Amazon for $45 if you're sure your new, budget-friendly rig doesn't need more power (I sometimes see people putting together a budget rig with older stuff like a 280x, which is unbelievably power-hungry).

logainofhades

Titan

thanks for the suggestion but this is local, and discounted. Im trying to get it for 50$ if not ill settle at 60$.

Plus its a massive improvement over what I have now so Im fine with it but thanks for the suggestion :)

will I need any adapters though?

All depends on what you plan on doing later upgrade wise.

As was said it's NOT a very good quality PSU, it's a budget PSU.

And who knows if the seller is really telling the truth. ;)

It's a real risk.

The PSU is still in the plastic in the photo. Plus I can see it before I give him the money since its Craigslist :)

What would be a better option for 50$ though lol? I only have 60$ to spend MAX on a PSU and I didnt really want to wait, or pay for shipping lol although I do have Amazon prime for 30 days so, anything on there for 50-60$?

Also my new system will just be a mid range budget system. Something like a Ryzen build with a 1050ti or 1060. Something for about 700$. Ill just be gaming and doing audio production on it. 8gb of ram will be enough. I dont need top of the line stuff, like if yall think this PSU will work just fine, Ill get it, if not let me know if there is something on amazon :)

I highly recommend spending the extra $9 on the above recommended PSU.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, if you need it to be at $50 instead of $70, there are still better choices, especially as you don't need anywhere in the same galaxy as 750W. You could run two of your PC with 750W.

A new CX550M has better capacitors, still far more power than you require (which will almost certainly stay the case unless you're getting a 1080ti, but if you were, it would be odd to buy this to haggle down $20), and you'll actually have a warranty.

And the CX550M is new at Amazon for $60. And you can get a CX450M at Amazon for $45 if you're sure your new, budget-friendly rig doesn't need more power (I sometimes see people putting together a budget rig with older stuff like a 280x, which is unbelievably power-hungry).

Solution

4745454b

Titan
You do realize you can re shrink wrap things right? It is possible.

My issue with it is the size is all wrong. 750W units are really for SLI/CF rigs. And those are going away. I'm guessing that because it's an 80+ bronze unit and you'll probably pull <300W even after the upgrade, this isn't going to be very efficient. Getting a higher quality 450-550W unit is probably a better choice. Not sure what you can get for $60 however.

THANKS! Does this have molex connections or come with molex adapters? I need 2 I believe for my fans

This would be better for me as well because I was figuring 750w was a bit much but figured it was better than what I had and I could pick it up tomorrow but I have the free 2 day prime so this would be awesome.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Yeah, I get really annoyed by mediocre 750W PSUs. Because really, anyone who has a normal rig that actually needs a 750W PSU almost certainly has enough invested in their rig to want a power supply that isn't mediocre. So essentially, the market for your product is either people that make poor decisions or people that you've tricked into thinking your PSU isn't mediocre!

They all do.

It doesnt show it in the photos lol Im new to PSU's lol

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

1 x ATX Connector
1 x EPS Connector
1 x Floppy Connector
4 x 4-Pin Peripheral Connector
2 x PCIe Connector
5 x SATA Connector

"4-pin Peripheral Connector" is the Molex. Now, if this were 1980, we might be talking about an AMP connector, but then I'd be two-years-old and wouldn't be much help here!

Generally speaking, look at the specs for cables rather than the pictures. It can be hard to determine which cables are which if the photo is unclear and since pretty much every PSU in existence will have these connectors, showing off the Molex isn't typically a priority. I just bought a new car and there were no pictures of the windshield washer fluid reservoir, nor did I ask the salesman about it, because every new car has one!

good to know thanks for the help everyone :)