CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB THICC III Ultra
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower

with this power supply:
Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 Full Modular

Built the PC to find when plugged in no power when you push the button. Got a new motherboard and different PSU and it worked...yay... so I thought it was just a bad mobo but to my dismay when I plugged in the original PSU into the new working mobo suddenly no power and the 2nd mobo is now dead.

My question is this just a bad power supply or did I choose a PSU that is not compatible with this Mobo? I really like this PSU as it is full modular and the cabling is better than then other PSU I have. I don't want to kill a third mobo. Is there any reason this psu will not work? I can request a replacement but I would like to know for sure that it should work.

Solution
This is the system I am attempting to build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core

with this power supply:

Built the PC to find when plugged in no power when you push the button. Got a new motherboard and different PSU and it worked...yay... so I thought it was just a bad mobo but to my dismay when I plugged in the original...
This is the system I am attempting to build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core

with this power supply:

Built the PC to find when plugged in no power when you push the button. Got a new motherboard and different PSU and it worked...yay... so I thought it was just a bad mobo but to my dismay when I plugged in the original PSU into the new working mobo suddenly no power and the 2nd mobo is now dead.

My question is this just a bad power supply or did I choose a PSU that is not compatible with this Mobo? I really like this PSU as it is full modular and the cabling is better than then other PSU I have. I don't want to kill a third mobo. Is there any reason this psu will not work? I can request a replacement but I would like to know for sure that it should work.
When you put the original PSU back in the system did you change the cables or use the cables from the new PSU? They are not interchangeable.

Solution
Sep 10, 2020
yes I am certain I changed the cables because the one I switched to that worked was not modular and so the cables are attached to the unit. I was even careful not to use the same ac cable.

The one that worked was a cooler master MWE 650 Bronze