Will this PSU worth its cheapness?

Herbert Baraquio

Reputable
Apr 6, 2015
"EVGA 500B 500W 80+ Bronze"

I found this on sale and it is very cheap what I'm wondering is, if it will be worth its cheapness. Do you guys know this one? Will you recommend it or I will be at risk if I used that? And by the way I have a budget gaming build:

PROCESSOR
INTEL PENTIUM PROCESSOR G3258 (3M CACHE, 3.20 GHZ)

MOTHERBOARD
MSI H81M-E33 1150,DDR3,8CH,VGA,HDMI,GLAN

MEMORY
GSKILL RIPJAWSX 8GB 1600MHz (F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL)

SSD
KINGSTON 120GB SSDNOW V300

VIDEO CARD
SAPPHIRE R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 128BIT

shawn81

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
The EVGA 500B retails for $49.99.

PROS--

Low price
Delivered full power at 46°C
Voltage regulation at 5V
Low inrush current
Compact dimensions

CONS--

Ripple at +12V is on the high side at full load
Not Haswell ready (according to Intel's testing procedure)
Low hold-up time
Not-so-quiet operation

---- EVGA decided to enter both the high-end and mainstream category by also releasing a product for the budget user. The new EVGA 500B surely doesn't provide cutting-edge performance, nor does it have exotic features—it is a simple PSU with a non-modular cabling design, Bronze efficiency, and rather average performance. But its very low price and EVGA's three-year warranty are strong advantages, and it has an interesting look. EVGA usually targets the enthusiast user, but it is nice to see them enrolling into lower-end categories too, where more and more companies are lately trying to establish themselves.

The EVGA 500B isn't a record breaker performance-wise, but it comes at a very nice price and is backed by a three-year warranty. If you don't want to spend much on a mainstream PSU, this is a good choice, though it could offer significantly better performance with a few small fixes.