[SOLVED] Will this RAM work with my motherboard if it's not on the QVL

Josea7x09

Reputable
Dec 6, 2016
Hello everyone!

What i ask is pretty simple. Just wondering if my RAM kits i bought 2 months ago will work with the motherboard I'm planning on buying next week. I bought a 16gb 3200mhz kit from Corsair on Amazon, and the model ID is CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R . Here's the link: https://www.amazon.es/Corsair-Venge...qid=1569508029&sprefix=16,aps,178&sr=8-2&th=1

I was planning on getting a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max and a Ryzen 3600 for some light overclocking. To my surprise, as I was checking the QVL, I did not see my kit being supported by that motherboard. Though I have read in many posts that it doesn't matter if its not listed in the QVL given the variety of kits available in the market, I am worried since Ryzen tend to be picky with RAM.

TLDR: Will my RAM work if it's not on the QVL?

Solution
It's very likely they will work. But hard to say for sure.

You may have to set the ram by XMP/DOCP, or even have to set the timings manually. The B450 mobo's have much better compatibility with ram than the B350's. All you can do is try.

The B450 Tomahawk is one of the better mobo's out there, so compatibility should be good.
It's very likely they will work. But hard to say for sure.

You may have to set the ram by XMP/DOCP, or even have to set the timings manually. The B450 mobo's have much better compatibility with ram than the B350's. All you can do is try.

The B450 Tomahawk is one of the better mobo's out there, so compatibility should be good.

Solution