Will this run Crysis 3?!?!?!

roostar9000

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Ive put together a gaming rig that i think is very reasonable for the price. i want to know if it will max out crysis 3 and any other game it plays.
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K
Motherboard:ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard
GPU:HIS Radeon 7950 3GB
RAM: GEIL 8GB DDR3-1600 DIMM Dragon RAM
PSU:WideTech 750W 80+ Gaming PSU -Double +12V Rail Design -140mm FAN

If you dont think this will max out Crysis 3 could you please tell me how i could upgrade my system.
Thanks

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

run crysis maxed out? yes. run smoothly @ 1080p probably not depending on your FPS target.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/crysis_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,7.html

btw the GTX titan is the only single GPU card that hit 60fps (which is butter smooth territory) from the benchmark above.

Lol, good call. You'll get better performance in C3 from a GTX 660Ti - it's cheaper, too (unless you're counting on the game bundle with the HD 7950). Matches performance of the HD 7950 in other games.

jk47

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Crysis 3 will give you some real headaches. It looks pretty when you stand still, but on any setting the FPS fluctuations are almost unbearable. First time with a major game I've felt the visual experience was very poor due to a lack of optimization. 80 fps in a room, look out the window, boom! dips as low as 20fps for a quick second.

Frankly as a game, it's quite over-rated. Even with it's B+ ratings, beneath the shell of pretty visuals, it's around a C+

Source: bought it, played it with a 690, used FRAPS

Airm3n

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Strange I have no problems or dips on my gtx titan. And i'm running at the max settings except for my AA which I run at medium. At 5760x1080 with 3d enabled. Perhaps you have your AA too high.

jk47

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

I tweaked the settings endlessly to try and make it work smoothly - there was no way to get past it. In fact, despite the issues, my GPU's were hardly going past 75% usage, and there were no other bottlenecks present.

I had played it about a month after release, and at the time it was a common issue affecting many users with nvidia cards - seemed to hit the 500 series the hardest. But even with a 690 it was affecting me.

It could have been rectified through update/drivers in the meantime.

Fishwithadeagle

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
I would like to comment the card can max out crysis. It all depends on your resolution that you want to run at. I have a 7870 hawk, and with my max overclock on a 1440x900 screen, I can get all settings on ultra (including 8x AA, along with antriscopic filtering). This runs at arund ~50 fps, which is not bad. Unless you are trying to run triple monitors, I would say that you are fine with your computer set up.

TRENDING THREADS