Will this setup be overclockable?

lfcjoey9

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
I am building my first budget gaming pc, I am panning on getting the fx 6300 cpu, Asus dd
M5A97 R2.0 motherbaoard and a XFX AMD Radeon 7850 2GB gpu. Will this setup work well for budget gaming and is this setup overclockable?

This is a pretty good budget setup, and with the right cooler on your processor, you will be able to overclock quite nicely (the gpu will only overclock so far no matter what cooler you put on it thought).

so yes, this is a nice overclockable cheap setup, just make sure you get good enough cooling

lfcjoey9

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the reply, good to know, Im not sure how much you know but due to budget reasons I will probaly delay overclocking untill I get a decent cooler, is the cooler with fx-6300 good enough for a while? What would be a rough price to get a good cooler?

It will be just fine without overclocking
and as far as coolers go, the coolermaster 212 evo is one of the best around for the price and is only $30.

If you spend up to 60 on an air cooler, you'll be able to get some pretty decent overclocks on that cpu.

If you want to spend up to $100 on cooling, such as an all in one water cooler, you would be able to get slightly better overclocks and temps

lfcjoey9

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Thanks for the help guys!! I will be getting air cooling for now (budget is tight) but in the future I may get water cooling. Your advice is awsome thanks!

TRENDING THREADS