Will this setup cause high temperatures?

justice507

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
Planning to get a Custom Built done by a shop.

Casing : NZXT H500 BLACK

DESKTOP MOTHERBOARD: ASROCK Z370M PRO4 (ATX motherboard)
OR B360M PRO4 (ATX motherboard)

CPU options : Intel® Core™ i7-8700 Coffee Lake 6 Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.6 GHz)

CPU Cooling System (Desktop) : CRYORIG C7 Low Profile CPU Cooler

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5

From what I've researched, the NZXT H500 doesnt provide much ventilation or airflow, as shown in this youtube(video).

Sorry if I'm a tech noob.

Can someone tell me what affects the temperature in my setup here, is it the CPU, Motherboard, size of Mobo(ATX or mATX) other than the cooling system?

Will the NZXT H500 casing be able to handle my current setup, and not result in high temperatures?

Do I need to downgrade to an i5, or downgrade my motherboard to a B360 or change the size of it etc?

The worst case option would be to change the case to the Coolermaster Q300L but for some reason for this casing option, the shop ONLY has the H310 mobo and doesnt have dual channel ram options (2x8) for me to pick on their website.

Would appreciate if someone could give me some advice here. :)

justice507

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
@vapour I have updated the post. :)

Thats the thing though, they only have the C7 cooler option and the rest are AIOs... which is slightly unncessary and not as reliable and durable as the aircooler.

I can try to ask if they can give me the H7 as a special request but theres no guarantees

justice507

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2014
@Unolocogringo Thanks for the insight! :)

@vapour I'm not sure about that because I dont build the PC myself, you see. the shop doesnt have everything, they only have the Ryzen 1900X, 1920X and 1950X. most are quite expensive and really bulky. I have little knowledge to build on my own thus I have to find them to build it for me, and they do provide warranty and repair services so yeah and are quite reputable in that area. Yeah...you get the point.

Think I will stick to my current options and try and get the H7 cooler if possible..

But just in case I cant get the H7 cooler and have to stick with the C7 cooler, do you think I need to downgrade my CPU to an i5? or downgrade mobo, gpu, ram etc etc? What do u suggest?

https://www.aftershockpc.com/welcome/ProductconfigBaseic/zeal

This is the website I'm talking about if u want to take a look.