[SOLVED] Will this setup fit?

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
I've been working on a new PC build, and I was wondering whether everything would fit in the case I am using?
Or is there some simple way to find out?

Here's the parts list: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/RkQ8TC

if you have any ideas on possible changes i could make to improve the setup, feel free to share those too :D

Solution
Well, the card I'd have picked which was the EVGA RTX 2070 Super isn't realistically priced in your region compared to the 5700 XT, so you can scratch that. Especially for the EVGA XC Ultra gaming, which doesn't seem to be available there at all.

But I'd definitely choose a case with better airflow than that NZXT case. NZXT has been slammed for poor airflow in their cases for years now, but they seem to refuse to change things so........

I'd make these two changes though, at storage and case. There's no reason to NOT get a faster PCIe NVME M.2 SSD when it's larger, faster and cheaper than the SATA Samsung SSD you had selected. And this case, based on the same design as the Define R6 but geared more towards water cooling, is...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not really seeing any problems. Partpicker is generally pretty good about radiator/case fitment.

As it mentions, you are selecting a motherboard with additional power input. You might consider a PSU with two 4+4 CPU power connectors.

Well, the card I'd have picked which was the EVGA RTX 2070 Super isn't realistically priced in your region compared to the 5700 XT, so you can scratch that. Especially for the EVGA XC Ultra gaming, which doesn't seem to be available there at all.

But I'd definitely choose a case with better airflow than that NZXT case. NZXT has been slammed for poor airflow in their cases for years now, but they seem to refuse to change things so........

I'd make these two changes though, at storage and case. There's no reason to NOT get a faster PCIe NVME M.2 SSD when it's larger, faster and cheaper than the SATA Samsung SSD you had selected. And this case, based on the same design as the Define R6 but geared more towards water cooling, is practically impossible to beat at this price point.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (€338.95 @ Megekko)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€123.90 @ Megekko)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (€194.85 @ Megekko)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€107.95 @ Megekko)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card (€469.00 @ CD-ROM-LAND)
Case: Fractal Design Define S2 ATX Mid Tower Case (€109.95 @ Megekko)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€107.00 @ Megekko)
Total: €1451.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-28 00:38 CEST+0200

Solution

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
Especially for the EVGA XC Ultra gaming, which doesn't seem to be available there at all.

I found it on amazon.de for €648, but I'm not sure how that compares to at what price you can buy it?
The card.

Thanks a lot on the input about the case and storage! Didn't know about this, and neither did the friend that helped me build te pc I don't think.

At that price, you are still better off going with the graphics card you had intended to get. It has pretty nearly the same performance as the 2070 or in some cases the 2070 Super, sometimes falling behind, sometimes in the lead, based on reviews. So for two hundred euros cheaper, makes sense.

Joppie

Prominent
Sep 27, 2019
At that price, you are still better off going with the graphics card you had intended to get. It has pretty nearly the same performance as the 2070 or in some cases the 2070 Super, sometimes falling behind, sometimes in the lead, based on reviews. So for two hundred euros cheaper, makes sense.

Alright! Thanks a lot for the help!

TRENDING THREADS