Will this setup go together?

jarrad33

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I've done a bit of research on buying my first custom built computer and so far I'm pretty sure I've found the right build and all fits together, I'd just like to double check it definitely goes together so I havent bought some useless parts.

Intel Core I5 3570K LGA1155 CPU

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI Motherboard

LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive

Corsair CMP8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 RAM

Crucial M4 SSD 64GB Solid State Drive

Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 1TB 7200RPM 0F15632 Hard drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti WF2 2GB

I'd also like to know if it fits in this case with this power supply?

Gigabyte GZ-X7B Mid Tower Black Case

Thermaltake 500W OEM Power Supply W0394O

I'm assuming the case does because it's well... made from the same company?

just a final note, if I was to overclock it, I'm obviously going to need a fan, would there be any recommendations for the price range on the fan?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That's going to be a nice PC; a nice gamer. But that PSU and case would be changed if it were mine. Yes, all those components should work well together as far as that goes. But Thermaltake is not known for selling quality power supplies. And Gigabyte is not known for quality cases, either. Where are you located?

jarrad33

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013

Ahh, yeah, sick, Western Australia, hahah. Well see, I'm looking for something that'll be great for gaming but also slightly cheap, will the case matter for the endurance part? I'm guessing the 500W for the PSU is good, is it just not safe if I want to keep the tower for a while?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I just looked a bit closer at that case. The low end Gigabyte cases are rather cheaply made. But that one looks to be a step up. You should be fine.

If this is your PSU: http://www.thermaltake.com.au/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001786
...it is not adequate for the GIGABYTE GV-N66TWF2-2GD. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125441
The PSU is marketed as a 500W, but in reality is only about a 300W or less. It has a +12V rail only rated at 15A. Too weak for that card and processor. While 500W is sufficient, it needs to be a "real" 500W PSU. Also, it only has a single 6-pin PCIe power connector. The gfx card requires 2 x 6 pin connectors.