[SOLVED] Will this setup prove to be a huge bottleneck ?

Feb 14, 2020
I am thinking of pairing r5 3600 with rtx 2080 super on a gigabyte A320 GA A320M-S2H motherboard for 1080 p gaming

Solution
It's a ok pairing at 1080P however you won't be able to overclock on that motherboard and you need to make sure the BIOS has been updated to F40 to work with that CPU. If it were me I'd go 1440P or at the very least utilize DSR.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr/technology

Ignore bottleneck calculators, they don't account for the game nor resolution which can affect the "bottleneck" (every system has some sort of bottleneck, don't overthink it).

WildCard999

Titan
It's a ok pairing at 1080P however you won't be able to overclock on that motherboard and you need to make sure the BIOS has been updated to F40 to work with that CPU. If it were me I'd go 1440P or at the very least utilize DSR.

Ignore bottleneck calculators, they don't account for the game nor resolution which can affect the "bottleneck" (every system has some sort of bottleneck, don't overthink it).

Solution
Feb 14, 2020

Thank you for replying sir ..I am using a 1080p monitor so I am restricted there and about the bios update the seller tells its updated and supports Ryzen 5

Wolfshadw

Titan
Thank you for replying sir ..I am using a 1080p monitor so I am restricted there and about the bios update the seller tells its updated and supports Ryzen 5

Confirm with the seller that the motherboard BIOS has been updated to support the "3rd Generation Ryzen 5 processors" or confirm that it's been updated to at least BIOS version P40.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Phaaze88
Feb 14, 2020
Confirm with the seller that the motherboard BIOS has been updated to support the "3rd Generation Ryzen 5 processors" or confirm that it's been updated to at least BIOS version P40.

-Wolf sends
Okay I'll do that ..I can across another query ..I saw asus tuf b365M plus gaming motherboard but to buy that I would have replace my 144hz monitor with a 60hz monitor which is affordable so should I go with the better motherboard or better refresh rate monitor ..I am guessing the former but I would need some advice here

Wolfshadw

Titan
Okay I'll do that ..I can across another query ..I saw asus tuf b365M plus gaming motherboard but to buy that I would have replace my 144hz monitor with a 60hz monitor which is affordable so should I go with the better motherboard or better refresh rate monitor ..I am guessing the former but I would need some advice here

That's an Intel motherboard, not an AMD motherboard. Are you changing your mind about what upgrades you're making?

-Wolf sends