Will this setup work for games

caleb wooldridge

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
So i am new to computer building and this is my first time so despite researching my butt off for the last week or two i am still quite ignorant to the technology of it, specifically compatibility of the parts. However, i have come up with what i think will end up being around what my final build will look like and i was wondering if this setup will have good enough specs to run games on High graphics at 1080p (not max) and if it will give me decent FPS(30-50) doing so. Finally, I would appreciate input and please make suggestions for parts that i should exchange or upgrade and the reasoning for doing so.

My specs: (so far)
Cpu: Intel i5 3750k 3.4ghz.
Video card: Geforce gtx 660 2gb ram.
Ram: 8 Gb's (2x4 dual channel sticks of Corsair vengeance Ram with heatsinks).
Sound card: AsusXonar DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card .
Hard Drive: Western Digital Black Caviar 1Tb with 64mb cache.and SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
PSU: Corsair CX750 Builder Series ATX 80 PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply
Fans: Aftermarket Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cpu heatsink and an extra 200mm case fan.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (has two 200mm stock fans).
CD/DVD Drive: does not matter to me so its an Asus drive for 24 bucks (i don't have blu-ray or anything).

So there it is plz leave comments and suggestions on how i can make it better. Also this is not set in stone since i will not actually be building the system for around 3 months so some parts may change since i have not purchased anything yet.
PS. i plan to be overclocking the cpu and graphics card

wehler53

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2013
Firstly use the thermaltake psu calculator to fine out what wattage you need

Try to get a 4gb gpu trust me you'll need it

And you can look at a ssd that'll help run program's faster (not really that much improvement for gaming)