Question Will this system be good for architectural purposes?

Shadow Slasher

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2016
Hello everybody!
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JqdysX
I have made this build for my sister, she wants to use it for architectural purposes at her work. She says that she needs it to run apps like 3DMax, AutoCAD and Revit and that she mostly uses her CPU for the renders (so maybe the GPU might be insignificant?).
However, I wanted your opinion on this one. What do you think? Will this system be good for her? Can you suggest another GPU? The prices are so high for GPUs right now, but she can't wait for the prices to drop since she needs the PC for work.
Any help would be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
AutoCAD can work with lower end machines, it's only when she'll be rendering scenarios is when she'll need the oomph from the build. I'd change the rams to DDR4-3600Mhz and a smaller form factor since I tend to build matx/mitx systems. See if you can shoehorn a 360mm AIO in there and change the case to something like the Torrent from Fractal or the 4000D airflow from Corsair. You could keep it an all Corsair affair with the AIO, rams, case and PSU.

if your sister is going to use app's that will tax the GPU, then you will need to base your GPU purchase off those app's...not based off of random suggestions using gaming scores. Case in point, Passmark scores when dealing with Lumion or Enscape.