[SOLVED] Will this System fit for me?

Aug 12, 2021
Hello together,
im on my way to buy a new gaming PC.
Usually im gaming on playstation, but there are also a few games i love on PC.

For my usual Playstation Setup i use my PS5, an LG OLED CX48 2020 + Beyerdynamic headphones + EPOS B20 Mic.

This means, i need enough graphics power for my 48" 120HZ 4K Monitor.

As i want to play Escape from Tarkov and some other shooters, the framerate overall should be "high enough". (the question is, what is high enough... :) )

Actualy i have an very interessting opportunity and want to ask what you think about this solution.
I can get the following Workstation / PC for a cheap price of about 950 to 900 €

9FR65AVHP Z2 Tower G5 Workstation
9FR73AV700W RCTO Chassis
9FV64AVWin 10 Pro 64 HIE
9FS12AVOperating System Load to M.2
9FV25AVIntel Core i9-10900K 3.7GHz 10C 125W
1C8L4AV64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 UDIMM NECC
No graphics
9FS22AVZ Turbo Drive 512GB 2280 TLC SSD
9FV54AVNo Included ODD
2C6Y2AVHP TWR Card Hldr/Blwr Kit
9NG56AVHP Z2 G5 TWR Front USB-C 3.1 Gen2 Port

When i buy an RTX 3080 separately and build it in there, will this be a good system for gaming?

As i said im usualy a PS gamer, and i never will use this PC as a hardcore gamer, but i want to play on my 48" dispaly with good fps.
With this way it would still be financially justifiable for me.

Or is this a completely bad idea? Did you have any better ideas with a price under 1.800 €?

Best regards
DS

Solution
Seems like a suspiciously good price, odd to find a K SKU in a OEM computer, so someone has been in there tinkering. I would really like to see the CPU cooler. 64GB of memory is certainly more than standard. If you were to use this for additional tasks regularly, maybe. For casual gaming, overkill.

3080 is a good choice for 4K, not likely to achieve 120 FPS in everything though. However, relying on the HP power supply to run such a demanding card may not be the wisest choice. Would also need to confirm the PSU has all the proper connectors for the card you buy. Dual 8-pin is likely the minimum for a 3080.

i5-11600k, 2x16GB of memory, a 750W PSU, would be enough. Slightly faster CPU cores, an overclockable motherboard, larger SSD. And...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Seems like a suspiciously good price, odd to find a K SKU in a OEM computer, so someone has been in there tinkering. I would really like to see the CPU cooler. 64GB of memory is certainly more than standard. If you were to use this for additional tasks regularly, maybe. For casual gaming, overkill.

3080 is a good choice for 4K, not likely to achieve 120 FPS in everything though. However, relying on the HP power supply to run such a demanding card may not be the wisest choice. Would also need to confirm the PSU has all the proper connectors for the card you buy. Dual 8-pin is likely the minimum for a 3080.

i5-11600k, 2x16GB of memory, a 750W PSU, would be enough. Slightly faster CPU cores, an overclockable motherboard, larger SSD. And you can pick out a case you like the look of.

For comparison, I used Germany prices:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor (€272.95 @ Computeruniverse)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler (€54.11 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX LGA1200 Motherboard (€157.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€139.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€144.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A Digital ATX Mid Tower Case (€107.23 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€103.46 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €979.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-12 16:18 CEST+0200

Still, depending on what you plan to play, you might not need a 3080 for 4K. Lighter game titles can certainly be run with much less, not to mention just running at 1080p/1440p for tougher games.

Solution
Yes, a 10900K + 64GB RAM + RTX3080 is a beast.

512GB SSD should be sufficient for a while. Not sure what "Z Turbo" is. Probably not great, but itt'l work.

Things to be cautious about:
  • OEMs generally spec out the bare minimum for a given system for the hardware that's included in it at time of sale. Pretty well guaranteed you'll need to upgrade the PSU to drop in a RTX3080.
  • Looks like the G5 has a single intake fan and a single exhaust fan. That's probably not going to be great when you add the heat output of a RTX3080 into the case.
  • The location of that optical drive is going to limit the height of the CPU cooler.
  • Strange to see a "K" series CPU in an OEM machine. Probably not going to be able to OC because of the mobo, but manual overclocking is nearly non-existent these days anyway.

Aug 12, 2021
Thanks for your tips!

The system is actually direct from the manufacturer - since 2019 there is an option to configure Core-i CPUs in the workstation models, like the i9.
For XEON CPUs there is always a small fan, for the i9 there is a bigger fan with cooling fins. i can upload pictures at the weekend.

Yes, the motherboard will be a bottleneck because of OEM limitations. there is absolutely no option for OC in any way, not for CPU, GPU and RAM - but i think i dont need this anyways.

Is there a good benchmark, which i can do with this machine to see if the results are good or bad?

What i have forgot to say:
From my old gaming PC from 2014 have the following case;
Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 (with all fans) - fully functionable. I think i can use this, or?
Also i have an Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCI 4.0 SSD, for OS.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You will likely not be able to move that motherboard to a standard chassis, no. I can't find many pictures of the board, but you would certainly be missing an I/O shield and have issues with the front panel connectors. PSU is certainly non-standard form factor, so it wouldn't fit in a different chassis. Not sure if the other end connected to the motherboard is proprietary, but likely.

Couldn't get a definitive answer though, G5 series has a lot of models. I saw both a full atx version and a micro atx version very different layouts.

Aug 12, 2021
You will likely not be able to move that motherboard to a standard chassis, no. I can't find many pictures of the board, but you would certainly be missing an I/O shield and have issues with the front panel connectors. PSU is certainly non-standard form factor, so it wouldn't fit in a different chassis. Not sure if the other end connected to the motherboard is proprietary, but likely.

Couldn't get a definitive answer though, G5 series has a lot of models. I saw both a full atx version and a micro atx version very different layouts.

Thanks for your answer!
I think I expressed myself a bit vaguely.

My thought was to either opt for the solution from Eximo mentioned above OR take the HP Z2 plus a graphics card.
My Nanoxia Case will be interesting if i go with the new configuration as Eximo said.

One question to memory:
Every Mainboard has its own list of qualified memory modules. Is it a bad idea to use modules which are not on this list?

My plan is to use

NZXT N7 B550
AMD 5800X
2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LP schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit (not on supportet list for B550)

The ram is acually really good priced in my local market.....

Aug 12, 2021
Ryzen can be more sensitive than Intel at accepting various memory sticks, but LPX is a very common memory, so I imagine it will be alright.

Ideally, 3600Mhz for the 5000 series though.

The Homepage from AMD says that the 5800X supports up to 3.200 - why should i use 3600?
Is there a performace benefit?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Ryzen CPUs are made of multiple CPU dies and an I/O die. In the case of the 5800X there are two 4 core CPU modules, they are connected to the I/O die via a substrate called Infinity Fabric. This runs at the speed of the memory clock (1600Mhz vs 1800Mhz). So the faster your memory, the faster the CPUs can communicate to each other. This has a very tangible performance benefit.

3200Mhz is fine, but 3600Mhz is better, and it generally doesn't cost all that much more to get it.

Reactions: tennis2
Aug 12, 2021
Ryzen CPUs are made of multiple CPU dies and an I/O die. In the case of the 5800X there are two 4 core CPU modules, they are connected to the I/O die via a substrate called Infinity Fabric. This runs at the speed of the memory clock (1600Mhz vs 1800Mhz). So the faster your memory, the faster the CPUs can communicate to each other. This has a very tangible performance benefit.

3200Mhz is fine, but 3600Mhz is better, and it generally doesn't cost all that much more to get it.

Thanks!
i now have bought:

NZXT N7 B550 MB
Ryzen 7 5800x
NZXT x63 AIO Pump
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600
RTX 3070 Ti
NZXT C850 PSU

When i start my PC, in the Task Manager is only a RAM Performance of 2133. This matches with the SPD Speed of the RAM.
Am i right if i now go to BIOS, activate XMP 2 profile for DDR4-3600?
I dont want to OC the GPU, i think this will be fine in normal mode.

Are there any other things i have to pay attention to? Like Power consumption or so, i dont want to burn my RAM ... :-D

TRENDING THREADS