[SOLVED] Will this system suffice? i7 3/4770 ish

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
So here is the deal, I have a Fx 6300, 8gb and when I used to edit in Sony Vegas doing bullshit videos I had a 5200rpm drive with a 550ti with an extra hd6450 for 3 monitors..

NOW I decided to build an i9 9900k, with 32gb ram, $2xx.00 Gigabyte board that hosts two pci e slots... That was going to cost me around $689.00 + $190 ish and I was going to keep my amd 7970, case, psu, disk drive, ssd and everything else..

Save money and just spend about $1000 or under..

Mission .. to blast thru after effects and premiere pro now that I got a gh4 4k and decided to start editing and using after effects quite often ..

No here is the question, my friend wants my surface pro ( I have 2) I decided to hook him up and he can get me.. SSDs, NVMe cards, i7-3/4700k, 32gb DDR3 ram and a Nvidia Quatro (2015 ish) model card..

Is it worth it for me to just go all out in the i9? or NO the build above would do just fine for several months.. enough to not have Computer Power related hiccups or slow rendering times.. ( obviously nothing compares to i9 but moderate is fine just not slow)

If ANY ONE has actual experience with this it would help greatly..

Another thing was .. I wanted to be able to live stream events ( like people ) using like obs and Logitech.. and then later black magic camera later by using thru pci cards (sdi/hdmi in) or usb 3.0

I realize for the LiveStreaming.. I might need better but what about the rest and that?

P.s. I have a i7 8000 series in my Asus laptop.. buuut laptop for editing vs 3 monitor desktop? No right?

Thanks sooo much!!

Solution
Well, fourth generation i7s still hold up pretty well. 32GB of DDR3 might be slower than DDR4, but there's a lot of it. I'm going to need some elaboration on the Quadro card. Many are made, some are absolute beasts, some are very weak.
In the end, though, it's impossible for me to decide what's "worth it" for you. If the system with the 3/4770k has a good Quadro, it will work well for encoding, rendering, and streaming. If you want some of the best performance on the market and you're willing to pay top dollar for it, it's worth it.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
Well, fourth generation i7s still hold up pretty well. 32GB of DDR3 might be slower than DDR4, but there's a lot of it. I'm going to need some elaboration on the Quadro card. Many are made, some are absolute beasts, some are very weak.
In the end, though, it's impossible for me to decide what's "worth it" for you. If the system with the 3/4770k has a good Quadro, it will work well for encoding, rendering, and streaming. If you want some of the best performance on the market and you're willing to pay top dollar for it, it's worth it.

Reactions: DerCribben
Solution

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Ok Awsome . its late night and my buddy is supposed to send me a serial to see the mode. Something I can say it, since it practically free, I can use two ssds, one for dedicated caching.. Does that tell you anything?

RichaardFinland

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Plus I really care about Premiere pro mostly and after effects :) The event that I am doing later this year, the guy is going to get a system if has tom so really just Editing...

TRENDING THREADS