[SOLVED] Will this system work ?

Aug 9, 2019
Hello there ! I tried for a few days to choose some components for my new Desktop , at the end of the day i managed to choose them but now i am not 100% sure if they will work together out of the box without a Bios update or if they are compatible with the motherboard/each other.
I will use this computer for Gaming , Blender and Unreal Engine.
Also , i am missing anything ? Is first time building a desktop piece by piece.

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty B450
PSU: GIGABYTE-750w-GOLD-SEMI-MODULAR-PSU
RAM:Corsair-2x16GB-3200MHz-Memory
CPU:AMD-Ryzen-3900X
SSD:Samsung-970-EVO-500GB
GPU:XFX Radeon 5700
Case: Segotep HALO 6 PLUS

Solution
Couple of things:

1. I'd have gone with a better X570 mobo with better power phases to drive the 3900x, and potentially OC the CPU.
  2. The PSU isn't great (not the worst either), but I would be putting a better quality unit in there with my shiny new hardware. Something like an EVGA G2/G3 or a Seasonic Focus Plus.
The bios will most likely need updating as they won't have the most recent ones on the mobos being currently sold.

Apart from that it's pretty solid.
Couple of things:

1. I'd have gone with a better X570 mobo with better power phases to drive the 3900x, and potentially OC the CPU.
  2. The PSU isn't great (not the worst either), but I would be putting a better quality unit in there with my shiny new hardware. Something like an EVGA G2/G3 or a Seasonic Focus Plus.
The bios will most likely need updating as they won't have the most recent ones on the mobos being currently sold.

Reactions: P_One_Snake
Solution
Aug 9, 2019
Couple of things:

Thanks for the answer mate , i already swapped for a better PSU , a EVGA Supernove G2 and a X570 Motherboard.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Then it's a solid build. Will be a beast of a gamer up to 1440p high hz, with all the bells an whistles turned on for gaming goodness (although no RTX goodness). If I was gonna make a final recommendation it would be to swap the 5700 out for a 2060 super. It's just a personal preference. I just thing Nvidia cards bring more. Raytracing is nice, but nothing that's gonna be seen too much right now. It's nice to have it though, and the 2060 Super is a lovely card. The Radeons are now slouch though. The 5700 trades blows (game dependant) so both are decent for sure.

Good luck, and happy building :)

Aug 11, 2019
www.twitch.tv
Hello there ! I tried for a few days to choose some components for my new Desktop , at the end of the day i managed to choose them but now i am not 100% sure if they will work together out of the box without a Bios update or if they are compatible with the motherboard/each other.
I will use this computer for Gaming , Blender and Unreal Engine.
Also , i am missing anything ? Is first time building a desktop piece by piece.

Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty B450
PSU: GIGABYTE-750w-GOLD-SEMI-MODULAR-PSU
RAM:Corsair-2x16GB-3200MHz-Memory
CPU:AMD-Ryzen-3900X
SSD:Samsung-970-EVO-500GB
GPU:XFX Radeon 5700
Case: Segotep HALO 6 PLUS
OT; Glad to find another Fatal1ty fan!