CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Gigabyte x570 UD

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb DDr4 3200Mhz

Storage: Samsung 970 pro-512Gb

Video Card: Asus Radeon Rx 570 4gb Expedition

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB

PSU: Corsair VS550 550W Power Supply Units PSU

(I know some of these parts are cheap and probably not the smartest decision for a long time build but I'm on a small budget and will probably replace them in the future.)

Solution
Can you manage a bit more in the budget for a more feature rich motherboard? Unfortunately the x570's are pretty pricey due to the construction so the low end x570's are pretty barren compared to a B450. The Gigabyte x570 doesn't even have USB 3.1 headers.

Long term the x570 is the best bet as it will have at least one more cpu upgrade path. It's got more than enough bandwidth for anything in the next 10 years. If your budget allows for a $200 x570 you'll get better audio and more headers.

Also, the Samsung 970 is really nice but you won't notice a difference in loading times between that and say the Crucial offerings and you'd be able to get 1TB for about the same price.

I've had my 3800x and Asus TUF for a few months now. It's a...
Can you manage a bit more in the budget for a more feature rich motherboard? Unfortunately the x570's are pretty pricey due to the construction so the low end x570's are pretty barren compared to a B450. The Gigabyte x570 doesn't even have USB 3.1 headers.

Long term the x570 is the best bet as it will have at least one more cpu upgrade path. It's got more than enough bandwidth for anything in the next 10 years. If your budget allows for a $200 x570 you'll get better audio and more headers.

Also, the Samsung 970 is really nice but you won't notice a difference in loading times between that and say the Crucial offerings and you'd be able to get 1TB for about the same price.

I've had my 3800x and Asus TUF for a few months now. It's a fantastic pc that is buttery smooth when gaming at 1440p.

Solution
Jan 10, 2020

I've had my 3800x and Asus TUF for a few months now. It's a fantastic pc that is buttery smooth when gaming at 1440p.

Thanks for the advice, In the future ill be getting a job and ill be able to afford a slick x570, but the problem is I live in Australia, and a "decent" x570 board for us is $350 - $500 which is annoying.

and thanks for the m.2 SSD advice ill check out crucial offerings and see what they have got

Is this system for gaming? Something else? For gaming, I would try to spend a bit more on graphics hardware.

I was going to suggest the opposite of Garrett on the motherboard though, cutting back to a B450 board that natively supports 3rd-gen Ryzen, like one from MSI's "MAX" lineup.

I agree about the SSD though. Unless you're doing certain professional-level tasks that involve frequent heavy writes to the drive, you might be better served by a 1TB model that costs less per gigabyte. Real-world performance will tend to be quite similar for the vast majority of tasks.

Jan 10, 2020
Is this system for gaming? Something else? For gaming, I would try to spend a bit more on graphics hardware.

I was going to suggest the opposite of Garrett on the motherboard though, cutting back to a B450 board that natively supports 3rd-gen Ryzen, like one from MSI's "MAX" lineup.

I agree about the SSD though. Unless you're doing certain professional-level tasks that involve frequent heavy writes to the drive, you might be better served by a 1TB model that costs less per gigabyte. Real-world performance will tend to be quite similar for the vast majority of tasks.
I see what you mean by suggesting better graphics hardware, And yes this system is hopefully for gaming, the only reason I didn't want to spend a bunch on my GPU is that I never really mind how good the game looks, only as long as it looks decent to good.

Also about the Mobo yes that was a mistake of mine :(, Probably Should have gone back to the B450 lineup and just got one of those, but what can you do. I'm going to buy a new one in the future and knowing this will help. thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020
I'd also recommend getting a B450 board instead to allow you more budget for a better GPU.

In terms of compatibility, the parts will work fine.
great. about the b450 yeah ill change the board, it's going to be tuff work trying to find the high-end ones though, all my local and online stores are sold out.