[SOLVED] Will this two ram sticks work together?

Jul 26, 2020
Processor: Intel Core i3-9100 @3.6 Ghz ~ 4.2 Ghz
RAM: DATO EXTREME 8 GB DDR4 2666Mhz CL 19 1.2 V
GPU: PALIT NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB DDR5

Planning to buy: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 8GB DDR4 2666 Mhz
CL rating: idk it says on the seller website: "2133MHz-2666MHz, CL14-16 latencies..."

I was planning to buy online because of the cheaper price. If you are against the RAM I suggested, please give a valid reason. Should I go to the physical store where the IT put the RAM to get the same model? or buy the one online to have a cheaper price?

Solution
I am an advocate of NOT mixing and matching sticks of ram. If you must upgrade your to a higher capacity across more than one stick, then buy in a pair. Look at ram purchase like you would buying a pair of shoes. If you lost one shoe out of that pair, would you be able to buy one shoe at the dealership...? Similarly the trouble to get things to line up with mismatched sticks is more headache than the cost benefits.

You will also loose hair or they'll turn grey. Most people will also move away from helping you with mixing and matching rams if they knew what the end result always is(BSOD's or reduced speeds all over).

Short answer, buy the same stick of ram, or buy a dual channel memory kit, with two sticks of ram bundled/sold as one.

Lutfij

Titan
I am an advocate of NOT mixing and matching sticks of ram. If you must upgrade your to a higher capacity across more than one stick, then buy in a pair. Look at ram purchase like you would buying a pair of shoes. If you lost one shoe out of that pair, would you be able to buy one shoe at the dealership...? Similarly the trouble to get things to line up with mismatched sticks is more headache than the cost benefits.

You will also loose hair or they'll turn grey. Most people will also move away from helping you with mixing and matching rams if they knew what the end result always is(BSOD's or reduced speeds all over).

Short answer, buy the same stick of ram, or buy a dual channel memory kit, with two sticks of ram bundled/sold as one.

Reactions: Lolfaceftw
Solution

TRENDING THREADS