Will this upgrade path work? Give a new guy some help!

wqzap

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
OK hi guys first time posting on THIS forum but it's always a pleasure to join a new good community so i thank you all in advance for any help or advice that will be provided!

OK so im currently running a foxconn H61MD mo bo - heres a link (if this forum allows im sorry im in a super rush for this info because i am seeing some great deals on the components i need) https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186244

also running an i3 3250 @ 3.5Ghz dual core with four threads
and a gtx 750ti with 2Gb of gddr5 vram
currently running six gigs of RAM but will soon be upgrading to 12 or 10 depinding on if this upgrade path works i may even get 16

I would like to upgrade to to an i7 2600k @3.4GHz with four cores and eight threads (i hear it overclocks great even on air)
also i would like to get a GTX 1050ti with 4Gb gddr5 Vram and dual fans

From the research i've done i believe the processor will work no problem because they are both sandy bridge LGA1155. Unless i'm missing something here?
and i don't see any problem with the graphics card besides that its a DirectX12 card and im running Windows 8.1 which i do not believe supports DX12 so will this work on my current OS? Will i be fine running DX11 on this card? Also, if i do upgrade my OS to 10 down the line will i still be able to play my DX11 games once i install DirectX12?

That's pretty much all the concerns i have, but if i am missing something please point it out to me and don't let me waste my money!! lol

Thanks in Advance
Mike

EDIT - I see the link is ok so if u guys need more links to mine or the parts i plan on getting let me know!

wqzap

Prominent
Nov 15, 2017
@paul NZ i know i purchased it on newegg and found the link there. and im pretty sure the h61MD-V is different cuz if u look on the foxconn website it only has two usb2.0 ports while as mine has four. I cant find the Mobo on pcpartpicker either :( i really need help with what is the best processor i can get around the same price as the 2700k with similar performance

Edit - so i just found my motherboard on foxconn support and here is the compatibility list. http://www.foxconnsupport.com/cpusupportlist.aspx?type=mb&socket=Socket%201155&model=H61MD&cputype=Intel

BUT IT DOESNT EVEN SAY MY CURRENT PROCESSOR WILL WORK?!? i can assure you it is running just fine as i currently game what i can on it and im typing on it right now.
If anyone could give me feedback on the above id rly appreciate it