Question Will this wireless wifi adapter be compatible with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
Hi, I have a asrock Z97 pro4 and I was wondering if this: Intel AX200 Gig+ Wi-Fi 6 Desktop Kit, M.2 2230 from amazon is compatible with my motherboard.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
Not as good in what sense? Range/performance also depends on what router you have and what your ISP gives for up and download.
Range and performance. I need good range because my pc is like 10m away from my router with 2-3 walls in between My ISP gives 350 mbps. But my pc is upstairs and ethernet is not an option. I want to get around 100+ mbps, but good usb adapters are pretty expensive and dont have built in bluetooth. I have experience with m.2 adapters and they work pretty well.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
About that M.2 slot from the manual,

2.8 M.2_SSD (NGFF) Module Installation Guide The M.2, also known as the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF), is a small size and versatile card edge connector that aims to replace mPCIe and mSATA. The M.2_SSD (NGFF) Socket 3 can accommodate either a M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module or a M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen 2 x2 (10 Gb/s). Please be noted that the M.2_SSD (NGFF) Socket 3 is shared with the SATA Express connector; you can only choose either the M.2_ SSD (NGFF) Socket 3 or the SATA Express connector to use. *he M.2_SSD (NGFF) Socket 3 supports SSD drives. Please note that the WiFi or other non-SSD M.2 modules are not supported.

So you would have to add a pcie adapter to make that wifi card work.

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
The kit you mention requires an E key m.2 slot which is not the same as the M key m.2 slot on your motherboard. Closely examine the picture of the kit and you will see that the adapter has 2 notches in the edge. Then closely examine the socket on your motherboard and you will see that they do not match.
Ur right, is there maybe an alternative in the same price range? Im on a budget and need good quality wifi. I pay for 350 mbps and I need at least 100 mbps+ with bluetooth

Ur right, is there maybe an alternative in the same price range? Im on a budget and need good quality wifi. I pay for 350 mbps and I need at least 100 mbps+ with bluetooth
This is the one I use:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Blue...electronics&sprefix=pcie+wifi,aps,123&sr=1-25

It is unfortunate that this is beyond your current budget but maybe you can save up the extra money. This unit has really great antennas which are a large part of wifi performance. I get 650mbps from approx. 35 feet from my router through open doorways. Having the antennas away from the computer case helps get better performance. Note that for bluetooth you have to plug its cable into one of the usb2 sockets on your motherboard which would normally be used for the usb2 ports on the front of your case.

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
About that M.2 slot from the manual,

So you would have to add a pcie adapter to make that wifi card work.

So why not just buy a PCIE Wireless card with BT & be done with it, instead of buying 2 different things that will probably cost moar in the end anyways, hehehe :)

FYI, Asus makes some pretty good ones, but there are others out there too !

Davidino

Commendable
Feb 17, 2022
This is the one I use:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Bluetooth-Ultra-Low-Archer-TX3000E/dp/B07ZV2CJL2/ref=sr_1_25?crid=NN89IWCRNNKN&keywords=pcie+wifi&qid=1663104292&refinements=p_89:TP-Link&rnid=2528832011&s=electronics&sprefix=pcie+wifi,aps,123&sr=1-25

It is unfortunate that this is beyond your current budget but maybe you can save up the extra money. This unit has really great antennas which are a large part of wifi performance. I get 650mbps from approx. 35 feet from my router through open doorways. Having the antennas away from the computer case helps get better performance. Note that for bluetooth you have to plug its cable into one of the usb2 sockets on your motherboard which would normally be used for the usb2 ports on the front of your case.
Im probably gonna buy something else, but maybe ill save up. Idk if there are other good ones, if not. Ill save up. Did u buy the wifi6 3000mbps?

YMMV, but I've never had any luck, except bad luck, with anything & everything made by TP link/Archer.... routers, pcie cards etc etc etc....

They have been on my crap no-buy list for several years now :)
My experience has been the opposite. So I just got their Archer AXE75 router on sale at amazon for $180 which is a great price for wifi 6E service. A 77 percent increase in speed from wan to lan desktop to router so I'm having a good day so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.