[SOLVED] Will this work/is this correct?

Sep 12, 2020
Illustration

Please see the illustration of what I'm thinking to do.

Parts:
x9 Corsair LL120 RGB Fans, x2 Corsair LED Hubs (included), x1 Corsair Lightning Node PRO (also included), x1 Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub
The idea is to connect all the fans RGB cables to the two LED hubs and the LED hubs to the Lightning Node Pro (aswell as PSU). The Lightning Node Pro is then connected to mobo. The other fan cables which are for power/speed are gonna then be connected to the fan hub.
I was wondering if this is gonna work or if it's correct. Is there anything I should know or be careful about?

Solution
Yes, that should work. Since the Corsair 3-pack of LL120 RGB fans comes with a Lighting Node Pro and an RGB Lighting Hub, you could buy three sets and have spare modules left over, or two sets plus three individual fans and have fewer spare parts, but I'm not sure which way is best from a cost viewpoint. Anyway, that Deepcool FH-10 Hub certainly will do the job of powering and controlling the fan motors from a single mobo header for speed control info.

You can use one Lighting Node Pro unit with two RGB Lighting Hubs plugged into its two output ports. Each Hub has six output ports, enough for nine fans plus three spares. The sets also come with two lighting strips that can be plugged into spare outputs of the Hubs and mounted in your...

logainofhades

Titan
I was going to say if not, you might want to look at this. So much easier cable management wise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psrybC0Y6rE&t=1s

Sep 12, 2020
I was going to say if not, you might want to look at this. So much easier cable management wise.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psrybC0Y6rE&t=1s

But is it wrong what I'm about to do? I don't care that much about cable management.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes, that should work. Since the Corsair 3-pack of LL120 RGB fans comes with a Lighting Node Pro and an RGB Lighting Hub, you could buy three sets and have spare modules left over, or two sets plus three individual fans and have fewer spare parts, but I'm not sure which way is best from a cost viewpoint. Anyway, that Deepcool FH-10 Hub certainly will do the job of powering and controlling the fan motors from a single mobo header for speed control info.

You can use one Lighting Node Pro unit with two RGB Lighting Hubs plugged into its two output ports. Each Hub has six output ports, enough for nine fans plus three spares. The sets also come with two lighting strips that can be plugged into spare outputs of the Hubs and mounted in your case as you wish. In the iCue software that controls all the lights, the two outputs of the Node are treated as separately controlled channels. So you will have the option of setting it to display different patterns on two different groups of fans and strips, or of synching both ports to do the same thing on all. Power for all the lights comes from the PSU and hence does not overload any mobo header - even if you have a mobo RGB header to use, the Corsair system does not use it. Likewise, the Deepcool Hub gets all power for fan motors from the PSU, and hence does not overload the mobo host fan header.

You should plan for the several "consumers" of connections. The Deepcool Hub, the Lighting Node Pro, and both RGB Lighting Hubs require power drawn from a SATA power output from the PSU. For that you may want to get a SATA power output Splitter to create more connectors for those devices. The Corsair Lighting Node Pro Needs a cable plugged into a mobo USB2 header. The small note here is that, although that mobo header actually contains two USB2 ports available when used with a common output socket set, the cable from the Node Pro uses the whole mobo socket and does not make the second USB2 port available. For most people, "losing" one USB2 port is NOT an issue.

Good luck and enjoy!

Reactions: TheRealSpymaster
Solution