Will this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontcopy

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
I have Microlab 7C speakers which have a built in amp. I just received a free (Yay) Denon amplifier. I have managed to connect the non amplified speaker to it (And it sounds great) but is there a way to connect the other speaker?

Thanks in advance :)

Solution

There are converters for audio connections, very easy to find. Unless you can disable the onboard amp, or can run it with the power off, I would not hook it up the way you want it though.

Dontcopy

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011

The Denon only has RCA inputs though, not a single 3.5mm. It has wired speaker outputs

There are converters for audio connections, very easy to find. Unless you can disable the onboard amp, or can run it with the power off, I would not hook it up the way you want it though.

Solution

Don't use powered speakers. Aside from that, the hook up is pretty simple, just need a converter for the audio connections. Or just use the speakers as they are, it won't sound much different than going though the amp, especially if you are using the onboard sound card.

If you really want to do this you could open the powered speaker and disconnect the actual speaker from the amp and change the connections so you can access it bypassing the amp. I would say it isn't worth the trouble.
Get yourself a real pair of non amplifier speakers. If you have no money try garage sales and thrift shops, they often have speakers for $10-$20 a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS