[SOLVED] Will this work?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2729451
  • Start date
Solution
That monitor should work fine, but with your GPU, you will not be able to get 144 fps in current games so the fact that it is 144 Hz won't benefit you.
But if you upgrade your GPU in the future to a card that is capable of getting 144 fps in the games you play it will be better than a 60 Hz monitor.
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 with a GTX 1660 Ti and I get from 85 to 120+ fps in the games I play so I still use my 1080p / 60 Hz monitor.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
That monitor should work fine, but with your GPU, you will not be able to get 144 fps in current games so the fact that it is 144 Hz won't benefit you.
But if you upgrade your GPU in the future to a card that is capable of getting 144 fps in the games you play it will be better than a 60 Hz monitor.
I have a Ryzen 5 2600 with a GTX 1660 Ti and I get from 85 to 120+ fps in the games I play so I still use my 1080p / 60 Hz monitor.

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the 1050 is a card for 1080p resolution 60hz at lower quality or lower resolutions at higher quality still at 60hz.
connecting to a 144hz monitor will potentially be asking the GPU to do more than twice the work per second. I do not think the 1050 can feed the 144hz screen.
for 144hz gaming the two above are the basement I suggest.

that power supply has to be replaced ASAP! All the amperage is on the minor rails is a dead give away of an inferior PSU- some would say fire-starters.

D

Deleted member 2729451

What do you mean by "current games?" like the new games that are coming out? I usually play , CSGO , Minecraft, Garrys mod . But what you are saying is that if I can at least get 144 fps solid then the monitor will work?

D

Deleted member 2729451

the 1050 is a card for 1080p resolution 60hz at lower quality or lower resolutions at higher quality still at 60hz.
connecting to a 144hz monitor will potentially be asking the GPU to do more than twice the work per second. I do not think the 1050 can feed the 144hz screen.
for 144hz gaming the two above are the basement I suggest.

that power supply has to be replaced ASAP! All the amperage is on the minor rails.

What power supply should I get then? I dont have a lot of money to spend But if i need a new one i will spend money on it cheap as possible tho

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
What do you mean by "current games?" like the new games that are coming out? I usually play , CSGO , Minecraft, Garrys mod . But what you are saying is that if I can at least get 144 fps solid then the monitor will work?
Yes as long as you get 144 fps or more in the games you play that 144 Hz monitor will make your games look better.
But as R_1 said you really do need to get a decent 550W (or 650W) PSU.
Corsair RM series and Seasonic Focus series are very good options.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TgW9TW/seasonic-power-supply-m12ii520bronze
this is the basement. 5 year warranty, good build quility on a proven platform. avoid the new units that that are 450 500 550W units are not seasonic made and to be avoided, the units ending in 20 like the 520W are the good ones.
the CX is also my budget suggestion as long as it has the grey label, the green labeled ones are better than yours but still junk.

TRENDING THREADS