[SOLVED] will this work

Sep 28, 2019
My current pc is an intel i5-4460, 8gb ram, zotac geforce gtx 960 and GA-H81M-S2H motherboard.

I want to upgrade my graphics card to a zotac geforce gtx 1060 AMP!

i dont know enough about computer components compatibility etc to make the decision myself so was wondering if someone could help me.

i want to know if it will be compatible and a worthy upgrade. I also plan to change the processor in coming weeks too.

Solution
CX series from Corsair are their budget PSUs that unfortunately they are notorious for causing failures or being the root of many problems. I would suggest you to upgrade to a better quality PSU especially if you want to upgrade CPU/GPU.

Here are some great info for you to choose a PSU.
What is the make and model of your PSU?

i7 4790 is compatible with your motherboard. I would suggest to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version before upgrading your CPU or GPU. But the PSU it's also very important, so we need to know the make and model as I asked above.

Sep 28, 2019
What is the make and model of your PSU?

i7 4790 is compatible with your motherboard. I would suggest to upgrade the BIOS to the latest version before upgrading your CPU or GPU. But the PSU it's also very important, so we need to know the make and model as I asked above.
Thanks for the quick reply. I believe it is a corasir cx600 PSU :)

CX series from Corsair are their budget PSUs that unfortunately they are notorious for causing failures or being the root of many problems. I would suggest you to upgrade to a better quality PSU especially if you want to upgrade CPU/GPU.

Here are some great info for you to choose a PSU.

Solution
Sep 28, 2019
Okay thanks for the advice. So the motherboard cpu and graphics cards are all compatible and i should get a new psu. Thats no problem. Could you guide me to any inparticular? Not too expensive as im on a budget, but that does the job well.

It would be a massive help :)