[SOLVED] Will this work

Jan 17, 2020
Last edited:
Solution
Do you already own the PSU? The power consumption will be tight with that card. The 2060S uses 25% less power (average) so that would be a safer bet for that PSU. Still would recommend in looking to upgrade your PSU if you want a new gpu.

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Do you already own the PSU? The power consumption will be tight with that card. The 2060S uses 25% less power (average) so that would be a safer bet for that PSU. Still would recommend in looking to upgrade your PSU if you want a new gpu.

Solution
Jan 17, 2020
yes, I already own the PSU and it's not an upgrade it's being built will the 2060s have a relative performance compared to the cards here? . . . . . better yet if I get the two fan version will that suffice for the PSU https://pcpartpicker.com/product/kHxbt6

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Hold on, so you are building a new system, but u only have a psu atm?

Can you show me a full list of the parts that you want to buy/have?

1 less fan won't make a lot of difference I am afraid :p The 2060 gives like 25% less performance than a 2070S. So for example, on GTAV you will get 100 fps instead of 125. (rough example)

SO the 2060 is perfect for 1080p gaming, even at 144Hz for most not newer games.

With the PSU u have right now I really can't recommend a 2070S.

Jan 17, 2020
Hold on, so you are building a new system, but u only have a psu atm?

Can you show me a full list of the parts that you want to buy/have?

1 less fan won't make a lot of difference I am afraid :p The 2060 gives like 25% less performance than a 2070S. So for example, on GTAV you will get 100 fps instead of 125. (rough example)

SO the 2060 is perfect for 1080p gaming, even at 144Hz for most not newer games.

With the PSU u have right now I really can't recommend 2070S.
ok and no I have all of the parts except the GPU since it's the most expense here ill send you the list first build by the way ---------> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tdGQZf

Swarzenegger

Great
Jan 6, 2020
Pretty decent setup!

To be fair, for such a high end setup, you shouldn't cheap out on the PSU... You could try to sell it or send it back if possible...

If you don't want that, the 2060S should run fine on 550W I guess... But PSU's tend to lose some performance over time, so I am not sure for how long it will last before you get crashes during games.

Also, maybe not a very legit way, but a lot of sites offer OEM W10 keys for like nothing andspare80$ with that to put in a better PSU maybe :p Windows 10 PRO

Jan 13, 2020
Pretty decent setup!

To be fair, for such a high end setup, you shouldn't cheap out on the PSU... You could try to sell it or send it back if possible...

If you don't want that, the 2060S should run fine on 550W I guess... But PSU's tend to lose some performance over time, so I am not sure for how long it will last before you get crashes during games.

Also, maybe not a very legit way, but a lot of sites offer OEM W10 keys for like nothing andspare80$ with that to put in a better PSU maybe :pWindows 10 PRO
I know I'm on a different account but I already know I was just there to remind me to buy windows I know it was a stupid way of doing reminding but I'm going to buy it from a site called https://www.kinguin.net/category/22175/windows-10-home-oem-key