Will Toshiba replace my 2.5" hard drive? Laptop bought in December '11

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
Sending the whole unit back in for repair isn't an option because I upgraded the processor and RAM. So will Toshiba honor a warranty on a hard drive sold pre-installed in a computer?

I'm getting hard disk error notifications every few minutes. 'chkdsk' will only go to 10% and then stop. I've also noticed some of the tray icons and buttons within the start menu won't open.

Am I going to have to drop another hundred bucks on a new hard or will Toshiba replace it?

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

Yeah... just talking about the hard drive alone. Not even considering trying to send the whole laptop in. I know that's a bust.

flossbandit

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012

I have doubts for sure... but it's definitely worth a call. Checked the warranty for the S/N online but nothing came up. Just wondering if anybody had any similar experiences...

Hurts to even have to go through with all this because I never expected HDD problems but even with opening it up I still have few regrets. Bought a Christmas special for $350 and upgraded to an A8-3500m & 8GB RAM for a little more than $100.

TRENDING THREADS