[SOLVED] Will two 144hz 1080p monitors work together with laptop screen

TatUSIkSVk

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
Hello,

I use Lenovo Y530 Laptop with 1060 6GB GPU and built in 144hz IPS.

I currenly use Asus VG249Q 144hz IPS monitor via MiniDP together with laptop screen. I manage to run both of these with 144hz. The Asus monitor runs with adaptive refresh rate with G-sync compatible mode.

My question is, if I were to buy another monitor of the same model, would I be able to plug it into empty HDMI slot and run all 3 screens at 144hz at the same time?

Thanks for help.

Solution
They are 1080p monitors, I mostly want them for work. 144hz is better for eyes. If I play games is only League of Legends so performance is not a problem. I have i7 8th gen. I just want to be sure all panels will be running at same frequency and that my gpu supports it.

Two years ago you would have got this.

Onboard display 144hz
DP display 144hz
HDMI display 120hz unplug the DP and the HDMI would run 144hz 🤷‍♂️

There have been several updates to firmware, drivers, and windows itself so that bug should be fixed by now 🤞

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Technically yes but I'm not sure what you're going to be doing with it 😕 8th gen I5 and a 1060 6G isn't exactly a strong combo for 144hz, in a gaming environment I can't see them holding high enough FPS for the onboard and a secondary running 144hz much less a third.

TatUSIkSVk

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
Technically yes but I'm not sure what you're going to be doing with it 😕 8th gen I5 and a 1060 6G isn't exactly a strong combo for 144hz, in a gaming environment I can't see them holding high enough FPS for the onboard and a secondary running 144hz much less a third.

They are 1080p monitors, I mostly want them for work. 144hz is better for eyes. If I play games is only League of Legends so performance is not a problem. I have i7 8th gen. I just want to be sure all panels will be running at same frequency and that my gpu supports it.

TatUSIkSVk

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016
I stopped to get gas today and seen about 20 bikes at the station one looked just like mine so I went over to talk a bit and said dude you stole my bike he replied you can have it back I just filled it up with diesel.

Apparently the tanker that delivers the gas dumped diesel into the super supreme tank or either they filled his tank up with the diesel instead of the super supreme.

This is going to be very expensive for somebody.

I have no idea what you are talking about xd

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

Onboard display 144hz
DP display 144hz

There have been several updates to firmware, drivers, and windows itself so that bug should be fixed by now 🤞

Solution

TatUSIkSVk

Honorable
Jun 20, 2016

Onboard display 144hz
DP display 144hz

Thanks, I will reconsider the purchase but 3 panels would be very practical. I assume that HDMI 1.4 does not support VRR so the main monitor would be over DP. HDMI would be used as bonus panel on one side with laptop panel on the other side.