will two APs talk to each other?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.networking (More info?)

hello all,

I am implementing a software, which will grab data from an AP and forward
all packets to another PC. It looks like:

Access Point---->A----->B

The connection relis on WiFi. The serious problem is, the WiFi adapter on A
works in infrastructure mode when talking to Access Point, and it changes to
Ad-hoc mode when talking to B. As far as I know, there is no way to change
mode so frequently and does not lose any packets.

I came across an idea when I searching online. It seems possible to config
(maybe through some coding) A to be an access point. Thus A can talk to B in
infrastrure mode. but,..... can A talk to the real Access Point?

Thanks,,
Eric

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.networking (More info?)

Hi.
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).