Question Will two dust filters spaced an inch apart choke a 240 front intake?

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Just received my Corsair 750D airflow edition case. I'm really not happy with how large the holes are on its front dust filter. Would adding a second one designed for the normal 750d https://www.demcifilter.com/corsair-obsidian-750d-front-dust-filter-non-ferrous
which would sit roughly an inch behind the front one, restrict air too much? I mean the normal 750d didn't even have anything for air flow aside from small vents that ran down the sides of the front. Hence the airflow edition, but it still worked at least enough otherwise it never would have left R&D.
I'll be running a push pull arctic freezer II 240 AIO in the front as an intake. So will two dust filters choke it? Filtering is vital to me because I not only smoke (lol I know it's super bad for me) but because of how I have to setup the PC on my desk it sits right behind where I ash so it's lots of particles. The antec 1200 case that I have now has really fine mesh dust filters so it hasn't been a problem.
Extra considerations is I will also have 2 120mm intakes on the bottom front. My total setup will be 4 120mm fans with the arctic's slightly thicker radiator plus 2 120mm as intakes. With 3 140mm exhaust. With the restricted airflow from two filters will that be enough to keep an unoverclocked i7 10700k and a geforce rtx 2080 super open air style cooled? I feel that the extra 2 120mm will be enough to overcome a single dust filter. Am I wrong?
All the 120mm fans aside from the stock 2 arctic are
https://noctua.at/en/nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm/specification
The 3 exhaust are
https://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm-chromax-black-swap/specification
All are static pressure fans.
The case is file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/OBSIDIAN_750D_InstallGuide_revAB_Web-3.pdf
Except part M showing the dust filters is not there, it's all part of the outside piece next to part M. (They don't give the airflow edition manual just the normal edition)

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Yes but that's too much hassle. The only thing I'm yanking from the antec is the optical drive so I can still play some of my older games if I ever feel like it. Still waiting on the rest of the fans and win 10 to arrive to build on the Corsair. Just testing out with what I have and considering options right now. lol I did notice that the stock 2 140mm on the corsair are mounted on the outside of the rail while the push pull AIO will be mounted on the inside of it. So technically I can run a push push pull AIO with either the 2 stock 140 or another 2 120. :LOL: lol If 6 fans running in the same direction can't run air through 2 dust filters and a radiator I'd be incredibly shocked. But then again what do I know this is my first PC build. Thinking about just going for it. Since I can throw 2 more fans at it. Worse comes to worse and I'm only out 16 bucks for the filter and that's including shipping because either way I was already going to order a couple of filters for the bottom and the back.

Last edited: