[SOLVED] Will upgrading to a Ryzen 3600 with a B350 motherboard be okay?

Aug 15, 2019
I currently have a Ryzen 1600x and I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to a 3600 and I was wondering if having a B350 PC mate motherboard won't cause any issues with the performance or anything. I do know I have to update the BIOS for the Ryzen 3600 to work but will there be any issues or should I upgrade my motherboard too? I'm also interested in overclocking. I'm quite new to PC building.

Last edited:
Solution
If you are very new to PC building, I would encourage you to wait for a few months. Until BIOS revisions mature enough that you won't have any problems when slotting in a 3600.

As of now, BIOS revisions are in their infancy for 3rd Gen Ryzen, meaning a lot of bugs still exist with the platform which you will most certainly encounter. It's bearable if you know how BIOS's work and have experience messing around in the BIOS, but for newcomers I would encourage you to be patient.
If you are very new to PC building, I would encourage you to wait for a few months. Until BIOS revisions mature enough that you won't have any problems when slotting in a 3600.

As of now, BIOS revisions are in their infancy for 3rd Gen Ryzen, meaning a lot of bugs still exist with the platform which you will most certainly encounter. It's bearable if you know how BIOS's work and have experience messing around in the BIOS, but for newcomers I would encourage you to be patient.

Solution
Aug 14, 2019
I think its a game of chances.Some people have problems,other people are ok.But its a new processor so its obvious there would be issues,bugs etc.I was looking to buy a 3600 too on my b450 tomahawk but i think i will go for a 2600x just to be safe.Maybe in 5-6 months 3000 series will work perfectly but atm its risky to buy one even if you own a x570 MOBO.

Aug 15, 2019

Okay, I will wait then. Thank you for your reply.

Aug 15, 2019
I think its a game of chances.Some people have problems,other people are ok.But its a new processor so its obvious there would be issues,bugs etc.I was looking to buy a 3600 too on my b450 tomahawk but i think i will go for a 2600x just to be safe.Maybe in 5-6 months 3000 series will work perfectly but atm its risky to buy one even if you own a x570 MOBO.
Okay, thank you for your input. I'll just watch over the next few months or so to see if the BIOS updates so theres fewer bugs. If not I'll probably upgrade to a 2600x as well.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
There aren't any issues on X570, the chipset was developed for Ryzen 3000.